9/12-9/18 Beginner's Miles Challenge

Options
Hi all!
This group is open right now, just please let me know you want to join us within the first couple of days. Our ideal participants are newbies to the exercising world, or those looking to get back into a good habit light routine. I did this a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome, so here we go again.
Last time the challenge was 15 miles walked or run over the span of 7 days. Due to the doc suggesting I try fitting in biking and swimming to give my bum ankle a break, I'm going to up the miles challenge to 20 miles, but include miles swam or biked as well. This should be cake kids! If we all knock out our 20 miles super quick, then next week we'll up the challenge more.
If you want to add me to keep track of the daily threads, make sure to mention the challenge in the add request.
Happy miles to you all!

Replies

• mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Sounds like a great challenge. I have just started running again, so I may not make it. Only running 3 to 4 days a week with Kettlebell workouts on the other days. Good luck to all
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    I'm 200 miles from home and the treadmill but I've got my pedometer and internet access on my mobile, so count me in :-)
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Wowsers, just us three this week. That's cool, just nice to have anyone coming along with me. Go ahead and put your totals so far in a reply on this thread, and tomorrow I'll make up a new one.

I did 2.2 miles on the treadmill yesterday, and today rocked out with 2.5 miles on the elliptical and 3.8 miles on the stationary bike, only .5 a mile walking. So my total so far is 9 miles.
    Looks like counting miles other then just running is going to make 20 a piece of cake, but this week I'm only gyming it up on Tuesday and Thursday, so I'll still put in a couple of miles on the treadmill every other day. Happy running!
    @lazyspice- I'm so glad to see you are still working it, even far from home. Your dedication is inspiring!
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    I don't leave home without my pedometer ;-)

4.7 miles so far for me - I need to increase it if I'm going to get to 20 this week though!
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    7 miles running this week. Not bad for only 3 days. Was a crazy week and I will be increasing mileage every week with my training program. This week should be 8miles + any walking that I my do (if I get all the runs in). Good luck
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    7 miles running this week. Not bad for only 3 days. Was a crazy week and I will be increasing mileage every week with my training program. This week should be 8miles + any walking that I my do (if I get all the runs in). Good luck

We are starting on a new challenge this week, feel free to join up.