My Accomplishment : )

Options
So yay and kudos for me :bigsmile: I went to the gym. I've been so afraid for so long, and today I finally said enough and went. It actually wasn't that bad, I had no embarrassing horrible moments and everything went well. The reason I think I was so freaked out is because it's my school's gym and I had this inner picture of walking in and having a bunch of skinny/perfect people staring at me like I'm a freak. I know, I'm dumb. I walked/jogged on the treadmill, used the recumbent bike, and the elliptical machine. So that's my achievement, removing one very large roadblock for myself.

P.S.......I think I'm going back tomorrow :smile:

Replies

• greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    So yay and kudos for me :bigsmile: I went to the gym. I've been so afraid for so long, and today I finally said enough and went. It actually wasn't that bad, I had no embarrassing horrible moments and everything went well. The reason I think I was so freaked out is because it's my school's gym and I had this inner picture of walking in and having a bunch of skinny/perfect people staring at me like I'm a freak. I know, I'm dumb. I walked/jogged on the treadmill, used the recumbent bike, and the elliptical machine. So that's my achievement, removing one very large roadblock for myself.

P.S.......I think I'm going back tomorrow :smile:
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Go everyday! Befre you know it, you will be so proud of your daily routine! It makes me feel good when I am sad or upset. Awesome feeling! Good job.
  • kmdougherty
    Options
    great job, you should be very proud of yourself! It does get easier! :tongue:
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    WTG...keep it up!!!!
  • beautifullyjaded
    Options
    YAY! I had that same fear when i joined my gym. and i still get anxiety that people are looking at me and thinking bad things but i just try to ignore it now cause i feel better and now i really enjoy going to the gym and dont care what anyone else there thinks. :bigsmile:
  • chelseachick
    Options
    Congratulations. Thank you as well for reminding us that we often think things will be a lot worse than they are - continue to be brave - you'll have great success. :flowerforyou:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    well done to you :flowerforyou:
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Thank you everybody, you made me feel EVEN better :flowerforyou:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    you will eventually grow to LOVE it
  • lpadilla75
    Options
    Good for you!

I'm so used to working out 6 days a week that I'm not nice to people if I have to miss my days at the gym.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!