So What's Up with my Weight GAIN???

Options
I've been doing quite well, eating semi-reasonably, walking more than I usually do and today, I weighed myself and I'm UP 2 lbs... :mad: What's up with that?

Not too happy.....

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Probably the "eating semi-reasonably". Exercise doesn't eliminate a bad diet.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public so folks can get a better idea of your diet and exercise?
  • aimeeturner
    aimeeturner Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public so folks can get a better idea of your diet and exercise?

^ This ^
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It could be a variety of factors. Perhaps even a "eating semi-reasonably" diet might include too much sodium, fat, carbs..etc despite being under in calories. Sodium esp might create a water-retention problem making you add water weight.

perhaps a closer look into your diary will reveal the problem.
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    First thing that popped up was the "semi-reasonably eating" maybe your eating too much or too much sodium intake? Diet is 80% of weight loss so make sure you are logging everything you eat or drink so you can see where you need to make changes....the other 20% is working out. *just my opinion* :wink:
  • Jennerith
    Jennerith Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Could be a lot of things- Did you weigh yourself at the same time of day? Water weight? Gaining muscle also causes temp weight gain because it weighs more than fat, but also boosts your metabolism, so it's a GOOD gain. Don't get tied up in what the scale says, just focus on watching what you eat and your exercise!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    There are lots of reasons why weight fluctuates from day to day. The water content of your body varies, as does the amount of material that is working its way through your digestive tract. Neither of these things have much correlation to a persons size or health. What would be concerning is gaining 2 pounds of fat. So it is important to look at your diary and determine if that is what happened. In order to gain 2 pounds of fat you would have to consume roughly 7000 more calories that you are burning. If that is the case, its time to refocus and keep working towards your goals - everyone has rough patches.

Most likely this is just a normal fluctuation that reflects something other than fat loss or fat gain. If you find that you continue to gain weight, you might need to re-evaluate your settings. It's entirely possible the you are underestimating portion sizes or overestimating your calories burned during exercise.
  • Panibinka
    Panibinka Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm also on a lot of meds for Crohn's Disease (steroids) and for Graves disease (synthetic thyroid)....so I'm going to keep going and just chalk it up to the fact that I have a harder time losing now because of all these factors...

On the good side, I do feel better!