The "HOLY MOLY IT HAS THAT MANY CALORIES" Thread

Options
124»

Replies

• Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Mexican food!

On The Border Fish Tacos w/ Rice & Beans = 2,100 calories!!!

Don't even talk about Mexican food. There's a great one upthe street, I'd hate to know what I'm eating there.

Bummer from last weekend. One of my favorite beers is la fin du monde, sold in 4 packs because it's high gravity. I'd normally drink all four. At 275 class each, that's 1100 poof in an hour easy.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Mexican food!

On The Border Fish Tacos w/ Rice & Beans = 2,100 calories!!!

Don't even talk about Mexican food. There's a great one upthe street, I'd hate to know what I'm eating there.

Bummer from last weekend. One of my favorite beers is la fin du monde, sold in 4 packs because it's high gravity. I'd normally drink all four. At 275 class each, that's 1100 poof in an hour easy.

Wow, didn't know they sold la fin du monde beer outside Quebec!!!!

Humm I used to think libanese food was healthy....not anymore...it make me sad
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yesterday while waiting for the ferry to Edmonds, we went and got ice cream. I got a scoop of "peanut butter chocolate oreo", and for good measure, I had it over a brownie. I don't know the calorie count and I don't even want to know. It was so amazing that I actually felt guilty! :laugh:
  • Valechka
    Options
    I like that beer too, but usually two is plenty for me... it is kind of on a heavy side :)) I will be wasted with 4 :))
  • Iwillshyne
    Options
    Salad! Very shocked when I logged it in at 500 cals.
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    Loaded fries at outback...
    ...THREE THOUSAND CALORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need this haircut STAT!!! how uber creepy would i be if i printed this out and brought it to the hairdressers with me? BUAHAHAH...yeah, im totally serious tho.
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    I always get sticker shock at the calories in the "low fat" or "lite" versions with reduced fat but really no calorie difference as they replaced fat with sugar.

Or you give up virtually no calories for a lot of flavor

Example:

1% milk vs 2% milk. Save 10 calories, get a product with much more processing as a result (1% milk is fortified with powdered milk which contains a tonne of oxidized cholesterol). Ill take the 10 calories, thanks.

Lower fat peanut butter often ends up pretty much the same, only you get more sugar.

Pointless substitution of fat with sugar in so many processed foods and baking.

thanks for the note on the milk...my kids pediatrician told me to switch when the baby turned 2 from whole to 1%...i only went to 2% but didnt realize i was doing him a solid :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Was a long time ago. but Veggie burger and fries at Ruby Tuesdays.

(my reaction is below my ticker)
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I like that beer too, but usually two is plenty for me... it is kind of on a heavy side :)) I will be wasted with 4 :))

Yeah!

Haven't met many women that like it
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Tim Horton's "Multigrain" Raspberry muffin.....sounds innocent, right? 400 CALORIES! :(

lol
    Tim Horton's is the worst.
    Nothing healthy there lol
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I saw this in someone's food diary and could not belive it. The pumpkin muffin from Dunkin Donuts has 600 calories, 26 g fat, and 83 carbs. I am glad I saw it b/c I love all things pumpkin and I am sure I would have tried it.
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Fried calamari appetizer with the side sauces. Over 1200 calories, and that is just an appetizer! That makes me so sad...
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    Dunkin Donuts Large Mocha Coolata with cream is 990 calories (I used to have these daily with whipped cream on top)!!!! Holy Moly is right!
  • beach_bum_gurl
    Options
    Two of my favorites that make me just cringe~ but they taste sooo delish~ so occasionally I will work them into my cal counts for the day~

Panera Sierra Turkey sandwich...clocking in at 920 cals and Starbucks Banana Walnut bread...clocking in at 490 cal~
  • 8rules
    8rules Posts: 169
    Options
    I always get sticker shock at the calories in the "low fat" or "lite" versions with reduced fat but really no calorie difference as they replaced fat with sugar.

Example:

1% milk vs 2% milk. Save 10 calories, get a product with much more processing as a result (1% milk is fortified with powdered milk which contains a tonne of oxidized cholesterol). Ill take the 10 calories, thanks.

Lower fat peanut butter often ends up pretty much the same, only you get more sugar.

thanks for the note on the milk...my kids pediatrician told me to switch when the baby turned 2 from whole to 1%...i only went to 2% but didnt realize i was doing him a solid :)

Sweet.

I have actually seen a few studies on dairy and the kids drinking whole milk throughout their childhood, as a group, are less likely to trend towards obesity. Perhaps consider not switching at all until he is 18? LOL I do not consider dairy fat to be bad fat and have yet to see any trial prove otherwise.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    yeah...i freaked out at the calories at Olive Garden....my FAV!!!

Their salad is actually one of the WORST you can get at a restaurant, calorie wise.

When forced to endure the bland and insipid cuisine that is Olive Garden, I always order the "bottomless salad" with dressing on the side. They typically bring 2 to 3 ramekins of dressing, and I use about 1/3 of one of them.
  • mleipe
    Options
    This to me is one of the most important reasons to log absolutely everything you eat, especially at the beginning, because it helps you understand which of the foods you consume are really high in calories. I've had several "holy cow!" moments since I started using MFP and the way I've approached them is to say "okay, glad to learn that that particular food is really high in calories, I won't eat that any more".
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Loaded fries at outback...
    ...THREE THOUSAND CALORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i too have run accross the fries lol
    i thought plain fries were terrible at about 600 but chilis cheese fries 1200 CALORIES for HALF an order *faint* lol
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options

Example:

Sweet.

I have actually seen a few studies on dairy and the kids drinking whole milk throughout their childhood, as a group, are less likely to trend towards obesity. Perhaps consider not switching at all until he is 18? LOL I do not consider dairy fat to be bad fat and have yet to see any trial prove otherwise.
    if you get WIC they switch them to 2% and lower when they turn 2 and start putting them on diets etc already i understand not eating crap so they dont become obese but cummon there kids they move(alot) dont let them watch tv and only give them crap(mayby 100 cal packs every once in a while) don deprive them of being a kid. they gave my oldest daughter an exercise video!!! seriously shes 4 she not supposed to watch tv(she gets about 2 hrs at most a week)
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    This to me is one of the most important reasons to log absolutely everything you eat, especially at the beginning, because it helps you understand which of the foods you consume are really high in calories. I've had several "holy cow!" moments since I started using MFP and the way I've approached them is to say "okay, glad to learn that that particular food is really high in calories, I won't eat that any more".

I have to agree! I didnt realize how many calories I was eating until I started to log them!:sad: