Cracker Barrel

Options
So I'm going to Cracker Barrel for lunch with some friends - they of course do NOT have their nutritional values on their website which is SO frustrating!! :angry: :grumble:

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to eat there that will be decently healthy?

Thanks!

Replies

• dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think they have a decent salad with grilled chicken. Just make sure it doesn't have a ton of cheese or croutons, and have them put the dressing on the side (oil & vinegar). Enjoy!
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    search Cracker Barrel on the database- a ton of foods come up, so pick and choose what looks good/is in calorie budget for the day and then order and enjoy!
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    They do have tasty grilled chicken... and you can't really mess up a boneless, skinless grilled chicken too bad... If you get any sides like green beans or carrots, request that they NOT be cooked in butter/oils, etc
  • busymom6
    busymom6 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Try the
    Grilled Chicken Salad
    Fresh greens topped with marinated grilled chicken, Colby cheese, red onion, wedged tomato, whole boiled egg and sourdough croutons.

I had that the last time I was there. Dressing on the side, dis not eat the egg, and croutons. Drank ice water with lemon.
    Cheated with 2 bites of my husbands pie.

Enjoyed my meal.

just a suggestion
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    water.......When I think of cracker barrel, I think of yummy comfort foods!
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    If you want breakfast you can get eggwhites and whole wheat toast, I take my own butter spray with me when we eat out, then you get plain baked poatato, or veggies or whatever and use the butter spray! I am sure the waitress would be able to accamadate!! good luck! :)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    grille chicken salad 620 cals 8g fat

broccoli cheddar chicken entree 631 cals 30gfat
    chicken & dumplings with green beans an carrots 390 cals 10 g fat
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Chicken and veg with no butter or fat. They are known for their home cooking so it is all usually full of fats,bacon and so on. The salad would be great to,but I do remove most of the cheese and croutons. I always carry my own dressing. Dressing can mess up your whole day...most are loaded with calories and fat.
  • christinad95
    christinad95 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    The last time I went to the Cracker Barrel in Amarillo they had nutrional information right on their menu. The menu may have them on there if the website does not.
  • DrPepperLeigh74
    DrPepperLeigh74 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken tenderloin, grilled pork chop,spicy grilled catfish, grilled chicken salad, they have all kinds of veggies. You could do green beans, baby carrots,pinto beans. I think they also have a vegetable soup that you could do with a side salad. I love Cracker barrel so I would have a hard time choosing. Have a yummy lunch!!!
  • kippit
    Options
    Sorry I can't help. Not a good place for me. Being vegan I was told that the only thing I could eat there was "an old piece of lettuce they had in the back."

She got no tip from me!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I was a very bad girl and had their new rueben sandwich (which was very good).

Thankfully I have the calorie allowance for it today.

I had my heart set on the Grilled Chicken salad until I saw that on the menu.