Odd less-than-100 cal snacks

Options
2»

Replies

• Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Hebrew National 97% fat free hot dogs. 40 calories, so I usually eat two.

Toasted seaweed snacks, 30 calories per pack--careful though--I ate 5 packs once (150 calories). They have lots of fiber. Let's just say I was TOO regular one evening Lol!

Boiled egg with or without the yolk.

Lettuce wrap--chicken + mixed veggies shredded with a tiny bit of mayo & dijon mustard. Less than 100cal.
  • Melmade
    Options
    Dill pickles are cal free !!!!

Pickles!!

And freeze the juice for pickle pops.

^^Really? That sounds interesting. I'm going to have to try it!"^^

Additionally, a good thing to do with the rest of the vegetables--say the last 1/5th of the onion or pepper or last mushroom--put it in the pickle jar and you have preserved and mildly pickled your leftover veggies. (No more dried up wasted veggies in your veggie drawer.) Quite good in salads or wherever else you'd like some zing!
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My go to, filling 108 calorie snack is half of a whole wheat english muffin toasted with a smear of natural peanut butter on top.

I always struggle with half of anything. The other half keeps calling to me ...
    LOL. I'm too lazy to go and toast the other half though. Another snack I do is hard boiled eggs. I make a bunch in the beginning of the week. 77 calories and filling.
  • Melmade
    Options
    I like Boca vegan burgers. 70 Cals per burger and I put a bit of mustard and ketchup and a little miracle whip on top. Makes a good snack, I think.

^^Love these! I'm glad you reminded me!^^
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I totally love Slim Jims! One large stick is 150 calories, the equivalent of four mini-sticks (I usually have two minis, to keep the calorie count below 100). The spicy, salty snacks may not be the best for you nutritionally, but it sure hits the spot for a salt craving!

My sweet craving is usually three jolly rancher squares. Since you have to suck on them or chew for a while, you can't eat as many. Three are 70 calories.

Shannon