Replies

• babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    The reason you lose weight is because you have created a calorie deficit - that means that you are eating less calories than you are burning (from exercise plus regular daily activities).

MFP has calculated your daily calorie allowance to ensure that you have a calorie deficit - of 1000/500/250 cals depending on the weight loss goal you've chosen.

If you don't eat those 600 calories you burnt off today then you have just made your calorie deficit a whole lot larger. If you are set to lose 2 pounds a week (1000 cal per day deficit) then you have just increased your daily caloire deficit to 1600 cals. Theoretically this should mean that you lose weight faster, but our bodies are complex and it doesn't always work out this way.

For some people (like Biggest Loser contenstants) that large deficit may not be a problem - especially if you have a lot of weight to lose.
    However for other, people such a large deficit means that your body isn't getting enough energy (calories) to function well - this is when weight loss can slow down or stall as your body tries to function more efficiently on less energy and slows down your metabolism.

Ultimately it's up to you to decide - but it's important to understand what you are doing and why, and the possible consequences.

My personal opinion is that I don't see the point in depriving myself unnecessarily, I will still have a calorie deficit and will still lose weight, so why not eat those extra calories?