How do you know how far you run?

Options
Everyone is reporting in on how far they run. I have a rough idea because I know my pace but unless I am with a training group with a route mapped out for me I only have a guess. What do you all use?
Curious
Bunny :happy:

Replies

• bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Everyone is reporting in on how far they run. I have a rough idea because I know my pace but unless I am with a training group with a route mapped out for me I only have a guess. What do you all use?
    Curious
    Bunny :happy:
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi...if you go to gmaps, then you can find your city/town...then plot the course you've just run..and 'voila' ! It provides the route distance for you...I you can get to it through google...good luck
    A
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    mapmyrun.com

I also use a phone based gps program.
  • stilts
    stilts Posts: 4
    Options
    go to www.mapmyrun.com it's great!
  • deertl
    deertl Posts: 3
    Options
    I used google's pedmeter site a lot last summer while mapping out training routes for the Breast Cancer 3 Day. You can find it at http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/. The hybrid tab works great for routes that are a mix of trail and roads. Happy Trails!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I drive it first in my car and clock it, I normally do the same few runs, so I know how far they are.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    go to www.mapmyrun.com it's great!

This website is AWESOME!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Phew! I thought you all had expensive fancy gadgets! :laugh: I'll give the websites a try!
    Bunny
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    sounds like you already have a good plan, but I just figured I'd put my two cents in...when I first started walking, I would walk to a specific location and then when I got home I'd Mapquest it to see how far it was...lol that was my very unofficial way to do it...