Hello everyone!

Options
Hi there! My name is Teri and I weigh 350lbs. I am also recovering from lung cancer even though I am only 46 and never smoked. I look forward to making friends here and losing my excess pounds! God Bless. Teri

Replies

• teridene
    teridene Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Teri and I weigh 350lbs. I am also recovering from lung cancer even though I am only 46 and never smoked. I look forward to making friends here and losing my excess pounds! God Bless. Teri
  • chelseachick
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new to the site but think its great so far because it helps remind me what I'm aiming for and how each choice I make can help. The people are great and very supportive.
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Hi Teri!

Welcome! I am so very impressed that you are undertaking weight loss on top of the illness. I am a recovering smoker. I was addicted to the nicotine. It has been and is a struggle! If there is anything that I can do for you just let me know. I have gone from 272 down to 208 in about 9 months. I am 55 years old and bound and determined to get fit!

What programs are you thinking about using or are using? If you don't have one yet I am sure that your Doctors would be able to give you some good ones. Stay in touch and again, best of luck and welcome!

Jeffrey71
  • anony999
    anony999 Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Teri,
    Welcome and best of luck to you!!

Recovering from lung cancer AND trying to tackle the weight - very inspirational!

MyFitnessPal (MFP) will be a very helpful tool as you work off the extra pounds. The first thing it taught me was how much I was eating. I always try to eat healthy foods, but my portion sizes were 4-5x normal. The food diary is an eye opener!

So again, welcome and stick with it, you'll find a lot of support here!
  • SexySize9
    Options
    My name is Sherry and once again I'm trying to loose weight. Since having my son 12 years ago my weight has been up and down, mostly up. I was very active and never really worried about my weight before. I now take meds for my thyroid. I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror, I hide when the camera starts to flash and I've had enough. Hopefully this site will give my the motivation I need to stick with it.
    Thanks119506.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • teridene
    teridene Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for replying. I was so impressed that you have lost so much weight. I want to do that!

You would think that having lung cancer would cause some weight loss. I joked to my doctor that at least I could expect to lose 8-15 lbs having my lung removed. So at least there was something to look forward to..I was kidding of course. He looked at me and said, "Don't let me here you talk like that again!" So anyway, I want to lose weight because I feel that this is what caused my cancer. And I want to be around for my children. Going through cancer is very hard. I am just fortunate that I am still here. Thank you for replying. Teri