HCG

Has anyone here tryed the HCG diet? If so how well did it work? Was it hard to stick with? Is it safe? Ect...

Replies

• Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Has anyone here tryed the HCG diet? If so how well did it work? Was it hard to stick with? Is it safe? Ect...

Can you maintain eating only 500 calories a day for the rest of your life? If not, don't even think about going on this wack diet scam.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    HCG actually doesn't do anything, the weight loss occurs from eating at ridiculously low levels

Stein et al Ineffectiv­eness of human chorionic gonadotrop­in in weight reduction: a double-bli­nd study American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol 29, 940-948

"HCG does not appear to enhance the effectiven­ess of a rigidly imposed regimen for weight reduction"

Lijesen et al The effect of human chorionic gonadotrop­in (HCG) in the treatment of obesity by means of the Simeons therapy: a criteria-b­ased meta-analy­sis Br J Clin Pharmacol. 1995 Sep;40(3):­237-43

"there is no scientific evidence that hCG is effective in the treatment of obesity; it does not bring about weight-los­s of fat-redist­ribution, nor does it reduce hunger or induce a feeling of well-being­.""

also see; JAMA 236:2495–2­497, 1976, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 29:940–948­, 1976, American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 12:230–234­, 1963, S Afr Med J. 1990 Feb 17;77(4):1­85-9, West Journal of Medicine 127:461–46­3, 1977, Archives of Internal Medicine 137:151-15­5, 1977
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    I suggest doing a search for the HCG thread if you want a lot of positive feed back, or you going to get a lot of this: ":sick: "
    I think you'll find far fewer people on here agree with this fad diet than agree with it.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    It's just another fad diet that isn't safe. You'll find people on here that support it 100%, but if you talk to an actual medical professional, you'll find that it's a ridiculous diet.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    PANTS!
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    This diet is safe for a short period of time if you are pre-bariatric surgery and under the supervision of your bariatric surgeon... otherwise no
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    You didn't get overweight in 3 months, you're not going to get to a healthy weight in 3 months and be able to maintain that as a lifestyle, just saying.
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    PEE
    PANTS!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    I think you'll find far fewer people on here agree with this fad diet than agree with it.

Oh, ok...that clears everything up. :indifferent:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Nope, never heard of it.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    OMG....please....pretty please. I beg you. Use the SEARCH function.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    for the love of all that is good in this world............................................. *facepalm*
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    HCG = Hungry Crazy Girl
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Pregnant lady pee and 500 cals is great.
    And before someone talks smack about the razzing the OP is getting..really? Search is your friend.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    My birthday wish didn't come true...
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    My birthday wish didn't come true...

To never ever see another HCG thread?
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Study after study have proven this "diet" is a scam.

It does NOT give you any extra results, it costs HUNDREDS of dollars a cycle, and its a very unhealthy, unsustainable choice.

Literally every reputable medical community have given this scam the thumbs down... why would you even consider it?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member

What is it? Can you tell me a bit about it, please? I'm interested!