binge eaters/ bulimics?

2»

Replies

• i used to binge n' purge [still do occasionally, like 10 mins ago]. now i just eat less than 300 cals a day & workout 3hrs a day [would do more, but my fiance gets back from work b4 i could do more...grr]. im not a recovered ana though :]]
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    wow this one has been up since the 12th , and my friends exact same subject got pulled in an hour. i am so confused on what is allowed and not.

now to subject.
    i have to admit to doing this. not very often now, as i am in better control of myself as far as binges.
    though i broke down about two weeks ago, pigged on something and got rid of it.

I know its bad but i honestly dont see a problem if its only every few months or so.

I am actually a little worried about my cruise coming up, there will be lots of desserts i am sure, and other yummies i know i am going to want to eat, and am allowing , the problem is going to come with resisting the urge to rid. (especially since being over 40 i tend to tinkle when i do, a little side problem with it)
  • yukimiyazawa
    yukimiyazawa Posts: 83 Member
    I have mostly anorexic tendencies, but have struggled to overcome binging for the past 2 years. Only in the last few months have I gotten it more under control, but there are still days each month when I'll consume 3,000 - 4,000 calories in a single night. And despite my efforts, I have never been able to successfully purge. This is likely a blessing in disguise, because I'm sure I would abuse the ability if I were able to accomplish it.

Anyone else struggling with an ED or binges, feel free to add me. I'm always willing to offer support. I certainly know how horrible it is to feel so out of control in your own body.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.
    The forum guidelines include this item:

18) No pro-anorexia or pro-bulimia posts. This includes signatures, profile names, and profile bylines. Eating Disorders are medical conditions requiring professional medical attention. MyFitnessPal does not permit the endorsement of any ED behavior, and strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/14923-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Arewethereyet
    MyFitnessPal Forum Moderator
This discussion has been closed.