Figuring out Calculations (help)

Options
I am to eat 1400 calories a day. I've exercised 401 calories off today. That will leave me with 588 calories leftover. Does that give me a "cushion" to eat a little more or just stick to my meal plan and don't eat more than what I'm allowed (1400 calories without exercise). Does this make sense??? I guess what I'm saying is that because I burned 401 calories at exercise today, my new remaining calories was bumped up to 588. Do I get to eat a "little" more?? I'm a "little" hungrier right now and don't know if it's because I'm dwelling on dieting and exercising or if it's because I exercised and my body wants more??? I just started exercising today after not going to the gym for a month.

Thanks for any help!

Stacie

Replies

• StayCeeLynne
    Options
    I am to eat 1400 calories a day. I've exercised 401 calories off today. That will leave me with 588 calories leftover. Does that give me a "cushion" to eat a little more or just stick to my meal plan and don't eat more than what I'm allowed (1400 calories without exercise). Does this make sense??? I guess what I'm saying is that because I burned 401 calories at exercise today, my new remaining calories was bumped up to 588. Do I get to eat a "little" more?? I'm a "little" hungrier right now and don't know if it's because I'm dwelling on dieting and exercising or if it's because I exercised and my body wants more??? I just started exercising today after not going to the gym for a month.

Thanks for any help!

Stacie
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Yes, you get to eat more when you exercise. This link will help.:flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo