How do I do it?

Options
I seem to be stuck on a plateu. Well, I am betwwen 140-143 all the time. It seems as if this is just the weight my body wants to be at. Even when I was in the Marine Corps I was 142 the least I have ever weighed is 130 and I woudn't mind going back to that but my body doesn't seem to like that now. I know I can lose more weight cause I have a belly and it's not muscle...lol...the muscle is there but I need to get rid of the fat. Any suggestions?

Replies

• katv77
    Options
    Try looking into the South Beach diet. Even if you just do it for a month or so religiously, it will certainly help break through the plateau.
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    the problem with the south beach diet is that, the ones I have seen, take a lot of time to prepare foods and I don't have that kind of time which is my problem ;(
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    When we hit a plateau, it's our bodies' way of telling us that it's comfortable with our current routine. It likes the way we're eating and how much effort we're expending when we work out. The only way to bust through that plateau is to do something different. My usual suggestions are to change the makeup of what you're eating (eating less carbs helped me through my most recent plateau) or upping the duration or intensity of your workouts. Even just changing what kind of exercise you're doing can help. If you currently walk, try adding in some jogging intervals. If you do the 30 Day Shred, try P90X, or biking or swimming.
  • cspinney
    cspinney Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you are eating or what you are doing for exercise but I read this article this morning and it gave me some things to think about, so maybe it will help you too:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/19/health/19brody.html?pagewanted=1&_r=3

Good luck!
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies guys ;)!