My Scale likes to tease me

Arynamber
Arynamber Posts: 162 Member
Does anyone have issues with thier scale... I just bought a new one a few weeks ago because it kept changing weight on me.. and now my new one is doing the same thing. grrr

What I mean is I zero out my scale.. Get on and like today for example it read 147.9 what! gggrr... so a few minutes later I zero it out and get on again.. this time it says 146.5 WTF? I get on again and it gives me 147.OMG I want to throw it!
I move to different areas of the house with the scale, zero it out each time.. I feel insane.

I just want to know how much I REALLY lost. So lately Ive been averaging the numbers...but I REALLY want to know the truth . not just a guesstimate

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    I recommend this scale. It will always give me the same number after stepping on it 2-3 times in a row!

I highly recommend it :)

http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE

Eatsmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale with Ultra Wide Platform and Step-on Technology, 440-Pounds
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Does anyone have issues with thier scale... I just bought a new one a few weeks ago because it kept changing weight on me.. and now my new one is doing the same thing. grrr

What I mean is I zero out my scale.. Get on and like today for example it read 147.9 what! gggrr... so a few minutes later I zero it out and get on again.. this time it says 146.5 WTF? I get on again and it gives me 147.OMG I want to throw it!
    I move to different areas of the house with the scale, zero it out each time.. I feel insane.

I just want to know how much I REALLY lost. So lately Ive been averaging the numbers...but I REALLY want to know the truth . not just a guesstimate

When it comes to measuring devices, i.e. scales, micrometers, calipers, etc. you get what you pay for. A really accurate and precise piece of equipment will cost you big $
  • My scale has done the same. The first one, I thought it was the battery but I changed it and it still wasn't right. Now, I have a new scale and it has been fine for a while but now it doesn't give the right weight. I need to clean the contacts. But with all that said I check once or twice (maybe) a day and go with that. The scale is just a number.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    @kapeluza, I have that same scale, and it also gives me the same reading multiple times in a row, which is great. However, one time, just to test it out, I stepped on it with something in my hands-- I think a full water bottle-- and then I stepped on again with nothing in my hands... and the reading was exactly the same. :/

So now I don't know what to think about that scale! I wonder if it has some sort of memory function built into it, where it just gives the same reading if the weight is similar and within a certain time frame...?
This discussion has been closed.