Exhausted.

Options
2»

Replies

• LauRoxx
    LauRoxx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Same here. I can barely stomach food in the morning unless I've been up for several hours. Instead of a breakfast, I drink a protein smoothie. I mix together one scoop of the BioChem all natural lactose free whey protein isolate (vanilla) with 4-5 oz of Odwalla Superfood. This is about 150 calories. You get about 15-20 grams of protein and some fruit, wheat carbs so it's pretty balanced. About two hours later I'll eat another snack of about 200 calories. The next meal is lunch, which is a little larger (I only get 1200 calories/day).

If I try to work out in the morning... same thing. I'm exhausted after 3-4 hours. I need toothpicks to prop my eyelids up by lunchtime and it just gets worse throughout the day. Instead of working out in the morning I am going to try to work out about 3 hours before I go to bed (this is going to take a lot of discipline). I also get about 8 hours of sleep every night.

I just started on MFP 4 days ago but I actually started this diet (I guess I should say lifestyle change) on June 17. Based on MFP nutritional info, I'm getting plenty of protein and calories... I'm a little low on the carbs and fat.

If it helps, I'm B12 deficient. I used to get monthly shots but haven't for a while (mostly a function of time). I'm taking a daily supplement but so far I haven't noticed any results.

I worked out about an hour ago I'm on the verge of taking a nap. I'm THAT exhausted. Yesterday was the first day in two weeks that I didn't work out and my energy level was fine. I think my problem has a lot to do with the exercise itself. On another note, I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and get an appointment for a diabetes test. I looked it up and I've got too many symptoms. It also runs in the family and since I have polycystic ovarian syndrome, my chances of developing diabetes are increased by 50%. I really hope it's not diabetes but I want to be safe! I've also been tested before, a couple years ago, but everything turned out normal. Time to see the doctor!

Good luck!!!!