Any newbies from NH or New England area?

Options
Just curious if anyone local is on this site, I live in NH and it would be neat to have someone to chat with in the same state (aka annoying weather right now)..

Good Luck all :drinker:

Replies

• siriusciel
    siriusciel Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Just curious if anyone local is on this site, I live in NH and it would be neat to have someone to chat with in the same state (aka annoying weather right now)..

• melilissa_r
    Options
    <
    from CT.

Not to far away from you.
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    I'm from boston ... where in NH?
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    <
    Rhode Island here... Right around the corner! We were just visiting family this past weekend in Merrimack actually. I am so sick of this weather already!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

I'm not a newbie, but I live in NH. I'm between Rochester and Conway.
    Welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • BrenNew
    Options
    <
    Rhode Island here... Right around the corner! We were just visiting family this past weekend in Merrimack actually. I am so sick of this weather already!!

I used to work in RI. Johnston, at The Allendale Ins. Co.
    Yup, I agree, it's gonna be a LONG, LONG winter! More crap coming in for Wednesday! :noway:
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    where in RI? I went to college in Newport...would love to move back someday, it is so beautiful down there!
  • LML79
    Options
    <

Yup, I agree, it's gonna be a LONG, LONG winter! More crap coming in for Wednesday! :noway:

So I heard! Gonna be an icy mess....maybe they will cancel school..for me that is a.k.a work! LOL!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I'm not a newbie but I am in CT! :happy:
  • LML79
    Options
    where in RI? I went to college in Newport...would love to move back someday, it is so beautiful down there!
    Yes Newport is beautiful! My husband and I take a little weekend getaway every year in Feb at a B & B in Newport :)
    I grew up in Warwick and currently live in Burrillville.
  • melilissa_r
    Options

Where in CT, Tamtasic? I am in Windham County!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

Where in CT, Tamtasic? I am in Windham County!
    I'm in Fairfield County. In Bridgeport on the border of Fairfield. :happy:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    <
    from CT.

Where in CT?

edit..
    Sorry, just saw the post above.... Windham County. ummmm, where is Windham County? gotta be up north near Mass?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    In NY but within a few miles of the Vermont state line.
  • melilissa_r
    Options
    <
    from CT.

Where in CT?

edit..
    Sorry, just saw the post above.... Windham County. ummmm, where is Windham County? gotta be up north near Mass?

Yeah I am in Northeast CT, near the MA line. I am about an hour away from Boston.
  • ajm262
    ajm262 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm from Massachusetts. Good Luck to everyone and hopefully this site will be helpful. : )
  • BrenNew
    Options
    <

So I heard! Gonna be an icy mess....maybe they will cancel school..for me that is a.k.a work! LOL!!!

It's work for me too, (I'm a Para) and I'm wondering about em canceling too! We had sooo many snow days last year we went to school till the very end of June. NOT fun! :laugh:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    <
    originally from Worcester MA and lived in Claremont NH for a spell. LOVE my NE peeps!! The pats and the steelers RULE!!

Gimme a jingle sometime!!
  • natashak
    Options
    im a sumwhat newbie, im from the boston area
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    <
    originally from Worcester MA and lived in Claremont NH for a spell. LOVE my NE peeps!! The pats and the steelers RULE!!

Gimme a jingle sometime!!

Hey I'm originally from Worcester too...what a small world!