Fell off wagon..hard!!!

Options
I was doing so good. Been with MFP since last March....and went from 165-135!! Then.. it came... THE HOLIDAYS!!! I gained 5 pounds between Thanksgiving through New Years Eve and can't seem to climb my overweight behind back on the wagon! I am trying..but it's not working. Being home Christmas break brought on all those old habits and overeating...now that School is back in session ( today being the first day) I thought i would be able to bounce right back. But I guess it's not that easy now??? While at work I was hungry..ALL DAY!!! Ate my usual bag lunch but then came home and decided to eat everthing BUT the kitchen Fridge!! I'm allowed 1400 calories and somehow got myself up to 2300......Even though I worked off 400 calories on the treadmill I am still 500 calories over. Now what! It's the end of the night..and here i am..hungry!!!!

Replies

• LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    I was doing so good. Been with MFP since last March....and went from 165-135!! Then.. it came... THE HOLIDAYS!!! I gained 5 pounds between Thanksgiving through New Years Eve and can't seem to climb my overweight behind back on the wagon! I am trying..but it's not working. Being home Christmas break brought on all those old habits and overeating...now that School is back in session ( today being the first day) I thought i would be able to bounce right back. But I guess it's not that easy now??? While at work I was hungry..ALL DAY!!! Ate my usual bag lunch but then came home and decided to eat everthing BUT the kitchen Fridge!! I'm allowed 1400 calories and somehow got myself up to 2300......Even though I worked off 400 calories on the treadmill I am still 500 calories over. Now what! It's the end of the night..and here i am..hungry!!!!
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS......You did it before.....Most people do gain between Thanksgiving and New Years.....Just go back and do what you were doing before the holidays...Climb back on the wagon....YOU CAN DO THIS....
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Don't worry! One day at a time!
    Get right back on tomorrow. Just keep in mind to choose the correct calories to eat, not the fridge! (way too many empty calories!)
    We're here for you!
  • robsgal
    robsgal Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've done the same thing during the past few months.

All I can say is to forgive yourself for today...today's over so what can you do but forgive yourself and start again tomorrow, maybe with a plan all mapped out for when you get home at night. I guess use the rest of tonight to prepare for a successful Tuesday.

Good Luck!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

You need to look at your before and after pics, drink LOTS of water to help fill you up, and log your foods BEFORE you have them! You DON'T want to undo all that you've worked so hard to achieve! :smile:
  • LML79
    Options
    Thanks guys! I needed to hear that. Actually I just spent a couple of minutes now and already logged on all the food for tomorrow.....I think that will help... i am good with writing it all down on paper ( you should see my purse...crumpled up little papers with food descriptions and stuff..it's pretty funny actually) but whenever I logged everything in I had eaten by the end of today I think I almost fainted!! And that was WITH a good workout! ( Which I have just started back on this past Saturday after taking "holiday time off" ..paying for that one now aren't I!!!) So i think if I start logging everything in BEFORE I eat it..I will stay on track..or try to!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hey Leslie!

Everyone has said what I was going to! But don't be too hard on yourself. I think there are a lot of people on here recovering from the holidays! You are in good company for sure. :wink:

Tomorrow IS a new day and this is a new year, and you have a few months until Summer. Just keep your eye on the prize BUT don't stress out! You can do this. You know that. :smile:

Take care hun! :flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • LML79
    Options
    ok..So I forced myself to do it. I uploaded a before picture...which was New Years Eve last year...horrid..... and a picture of me taken over the holidays .... Yeah...no question..I CAN'T go back to that!!!!!! You can point and laugh at the pictures if you like on my profile lol! The first one is recent..the last one is last year...scary!!!!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I have been back on the wagon for three days now successfully. I tried unsuccessfully the week after Christmas. Once you conquer that first day it gets better! Just get through tomorrow and then you will be back on the way to CONTROL again!
  • jennhott33
    Options
    Baby steps!! You can do this. Tomorrow is another day, and it will be better. We are all here to support you~
  • LML79
    Options
    I have been back on the wagon for three days now successfully. I tried unsuccessfully the week after Christmas. Once you conquer that first day it gets better! Just get through tomorrow and then you will be back on the way to CONTROL again!

Good for you! So there is hope for me yet!! I also tried right after Christmas and well..that just didn't work out very well..so if I can just get through the rest of this week...eating right AND walking on the treadmill.....hopefully I can get that scale going back in the right direction! I had a goal of a certain amount of weight to loose before I turn 30....and I actually did pretty good..I have till this Saturday before I turn into a pumpkin and officially become an old fart so I better get my toosh in gear! Hahahaa!!!
  • robsgal
    robsgal Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey now, 30 isn't that old, of couse I'll be turning 29 in March for the 7th time, my grandma has been 29 for the past 60 or so years so just stick with us.

I actally haven't gotten on board our diet plan as of today, tonight is the Texas game so we finished up our "bad food", tomorrow is offically day one for me. Maybe I need to look at some old pics of myself too.

Good luck tomorrow!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Leslee!!!!!!! :love:

Welcome back!!!! :smooched:

Now get with the program! :angry:

I missed you!! :smooched:

No more excuses, missy! :angry:

Wubbbbbs yewwwww! :smooched:

:angry:
  • LML79
    Options

hey girlie! thanks for the warm welcome back! Yeah the last few weeks have been a food fest for me..... and I paid for it..and now am so sad..lol!!!! All that wine I tell ya..yeah..that's what it was.......:drinker: :sad: :heart:
  • Shannon023
    Options

hey girlie! thanks for the warm welcome back! Yeah the last few weeks have been a food fest for me..... and I paid for it..and now am so sad..lol!!!! All that wine I tell ya..yeah..that's what it was.......:drinker: :sad: :heart:

Wine?????? :love:

Okay, all is forgiven then! :bigsmile: :wink:
  • LML79
    Options

Whew!! Glad we are back in business now....don't know if I could handle it if you didn't forgive me now.......I would have to go have a glass of wine :tongue:
  • Shannon023
    Options

Whew!! Glad we are back in business now....don't know if I could handle it if you didn't forgive me now.......I would have to go have a glass of wine :tongue:

Well, lets have one to celebrate my forgiving nature! :laugh: :drinker:
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Options
    Ok Leslee, we fell off the same wagon, but I fell off way before Thanksgiving! I have been back on MFP for 4 days or now so just take it one day at a time.
    30 is not so bad, I will be 40 in 3 weeks! That really is an wye opener!! :noway:
  • LML79
    Options
    Yeah 29 was hard enough to deal with...don't think i am ready for the big 30...nope..I'm not...I'm going to hide under my bed all day Saturday..maybe 30 won't find me lol!!!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Leslee, have you tried eating several smaller meals instead of 3 big meals. I find that really helps me stay on track and it helps curb cravings if I know I have less time until the next meal. The more frequent meals also keep metabolism revved so you lose quicker.
    Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary