Hi all

shayk80
shayk80 Posts: 56
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone,

I just joined this site last night, and I just finished calculating my first day food intake. I didn't do as bad as I thought. LOL

I am still trying to get around the site, so it might take me a while.

Also, where can I get a cheap if not free thing to tell how many cal's I have burned??? Because I have no idea what to put in my exercise section.

I can't wait to chat with you all. This is my first time trying to loose weight for any reason, usually it came naturally...

Shay

Replies

• shayk80
    Hi everyone,

I just joined this site last night, and I just finished calculating my first day food intake. I didn't do as bad as I thought. LOL

Also, where can I get a cheap if not free thing to tell how many cal's I have burned??? Because I have no idea what to put in my exercise section.

I can't wait to chat with you all. This is my first time trying to loose weight for any reason, usually it came naturally...

Shay
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Hi, welcome. This is a good site for calculating calories burned: http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php. :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi everyone,

Shay

Hi, and welcome! Besides the caloriesperhour.com site, you can find quite a few exercises when you click on "exercise", then "add exercise", and then type in things such as "walking" "raking", etc.

Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • shayk80
    Thanks for the great site guys.

I spent my whole days writing down all my intake on carbs, fats, proteins and calories, and when I came to the site tonight to put everything in, I saw that I could just pick the food from the list. LOL

My biggest challenge is going to be cutting out soda. I can drink 5+ 12oz cans a day plus drink about 4 glasses of water a day. My medication makes my mouth Really dry so I am always drinking something.

I think since I have never done this before, I am going to start out in moderation and watch what I eat. I still want to look at Calories and carbs, fats etc. cause I never done that before, and I was surprised to see how many calories are in some foods.
This discussion has been closed.