Natural sugars is the question ???

Options
I have lost 25 lbs since july 25. I have been working very hard at losing this other person. so the last few weeks I felt I was doing great but now I am thinking these natural sugars are not good for me......and also I have gained 2 lbs back. uhg????

Replies

• bwesser
    Options
    Well anything natural is much better than splenda or any artificial sugar alcohols.... but try stevia, it comes from a plant and does not have many calories at all.

And that 2lbs.... could just be a fluctuation, a need to have a BM, or you're bloated. Don't let it get you down, because if you feel great, you look great. And I believe that how you feel is much more important than what the scale says. :)
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    IMO sugar is sugar. I have recently started weighing my fruit and have been shocked at how much what I would consider to be a small to medium piece of fruit actually weighs. The weight is comparable to a large piece +. For me that is very important because I don't eat a lot of processed/added sugar, so fruit is my biggest source.

While there are absolutely worse things you can eat....consder this: most people probably eat 3-4 pieces of fruit a day. That can add up to anywhere from 150-200 extra caloires and a LOT of extra sugar too. Those calories can make or break your weight loss. And I know I do better when I limit sugar from all sources....so knowing how much I am eating from fruit is crucial.

I agree however that a 2# fluctuation is normal....I wouldn't get too worried about it. But you might want to try subbing veggies for some of your fruit to see if that helps.
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    25 pounds in less than two months is phenomenal (some would say you're losing too quickly). You're going to have ups and downs, plateaus, etc. You probably didn't gain weight eating the way you are now :) Have patience with yourself.

Why are you thinking it's natural sugar causing the weight gain? And, what do you mean by "natural sugar"? Fruit (which I think is fine as long as it's not the only thing you're eating)? Honey? Other? I vote cut down on processed and added sugars, but I don't think fruit is the devil, in moderation.

Have you changed your exercise routine, had a lot of sodium lately, not slept enough, or is it a hormonal thing? There are soooo many things that can affect your weight!

*Edit - I just looked at your diary and think eating way too little for an extended period of time may have something to do with it too. Just food for thought :)
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I completely missed the part about losing 25# in 2 months....your body has put on the brakes big time. That is a LOT of weight in a very short period of time. And I agree that you are probably not eating enough at this point. That's the dirty little secret of weight loss...you have to eat to lose.
  • hollybearrington
    Options
    I feel I have lost the 25 # in a good way. Before I would eat anything and everything in site. I was eating so much I was gaining without a care in the world. until I seen a pic my son took and I thought that isnt me but it was. I have done so good with the weight lose and with my doctor help. My doctor was fine with me losing 25 lbs. Im just trying to learn what is good for me what is healthy for me and what I thought was good for me that really isnt.. Im trying to just learn like everyone else.
  • lovelyiskey
    lovelyiskey Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I had a look at your diary and i don't know if you're actually keeping track of everything but if you are, you seem to be missing meals and eating way under your calorie intake for the day. and that alone would be the reason you are gaining weight.

Make sure you get your exercises/calories(healthy) and water for the day and you'll find you drop weight and will feel much better!

as far as sugars go: Eating natural sugar is fine in small does, getting sugar from fruits and veggies is the best form and artificial sugar is in short poison, holds onto toxins and results in fat storage, brain damage and cellulite. there's no good reason to eat anything with sucralose splenda etc, there's always a better alternative that doesn't taste like chemical anyways. Stevia, Agave Nectar(syrup), Unpasturized Honey(so sweet and delicious like sugar)