Carbs

Options
OK so I am curious, I been doing really good keeping on track with my calories. I always finish my day being under but today I noticed that im really over on my carbs but still have over 700 calories left for dinner. I guess it was the popcorn I had for lunch thinking that was a smart choice. Will this affect my weight loss being so over on my carbs or sugar or anything other than calories?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Purely from a weight-loss perspective, no, it shouldn't matter.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If it happens consistently over a long period of time, yes it will have an affect on your weight loss. Carbs (and fats) are only used for energy, so if you consume more than your body needs at that time the excess will be stored as fat.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    From what I understand .Your body will store the extra carbs (it actually turns into fat).
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Depends what type of carbs you've been eating. If you've been eating overly processed/"bad" carbs, then yes.

I did the south beach diet 2 years ago before I knew about calories. I lost around 8kg, and had a very negative opinion of all carbs.

1.5years later and I'd put back on about half that weight, so I decided to give the calorie counting thing a go. I'm at the best weight I've ever been, and the best thing is I'm eating so many carbs! However - just about all of my carb intake are wholegrain bread/oats/wholegrain cereal/brown rice/sweet potato and fruits.

I still eat "bad" carbs, but no where near as much as I used to. I eat around 180g of carbs a day,a nd since they're complex carbs I have reached my goal weight by doing this.

It all comes down to what works best for you I suppose.