Does sugar free koolaid count for water?

Options
13»

Replies

• efiorito1
    Options
    http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=114&sc=3046

"Up to half of your daily fluid intake can come from drinks other than water, such as milk, juice or herbal tea. Alcohol is not a good substitute, however. Like caffeine, alcohol in excess is a diuretic that robs your body of fluid. Try to limit your alcohol intake to one drink a day if you're a woman and two if you're a man."
  • efiorito1
    Options
    Also:

Healthy Beverage Guidelines

Drink Up, But Drink the Right Stuff

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=605
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Absolutely counts!
  • RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Ignore the puritanical fussbudgets. It counts all right. They just wanna think they are better than you cos they don't take in "chemicals".

Guess the next time they get sick they won't be needing any medicine huh.

I mean it's got CHEMICALS IN IT DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN!

Chemicals != Bad for you.

Also water is a chemical .
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm actually trying to work on keeping my hydration good, so I only count plain water in the 8 cups a day. After I get my 8 cups, I treat myself to a diet soda. I don't need to do this... I want to do it.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Do any of you lunatics stop counting it as water as it mixes with you saliva, mucus and then stomach acid?

You clearly don't know chemistry (H2O) so perhaps you learnt a little biology?
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Becca you are correct - most doctors these days are refining their thoughts on intake of liquid to not just water. The idea is to flush the body, so fluids are fluids - keeping in mind that a coke is not very healthy because of the sugar content and a diet coke is just as bad due to chemicals. Make your choice.

I think they are changing this to suit the desires of the clients. The first time I tried all of this, I tried to tell myself everything else counted too.

Not this time, something clicked and now to me, water is water period. Clean and pure, Nature at it's best with nothign else to filter out.

I would have to disagree with this...because my team of doctors have little to do with my desires...they are really about kicking my *kitten* and making me do it slow and right!

This ^^^^^

We drink fluids for hydration and not only do drinks such as coffee, tea, soda and even weak beers count but so do some foods

There is a myth perpetuated by the bottled water companies about the number of litres you need to drink per day because it is good for sales (I believe it was Evian who initially came out with the so called report)

Upshot is, if your urine is pale straw colour (not clear) then you are getting enough fluids, if its clear you might want to cut back and if its darker then drink more

Oh and nutritionists pander more to their customers than doctors ever do but both can hang on to old outdated ideas as well

If you want dietary advice use a Registered Dietitian
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    If you add kool aid to your water it resurrects zombie threads
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    thread_necromancer.png
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

Where is the like button

Caught out again :embarassed:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Dammit!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

LOL! Awesome. But this is a topic that is never going to die...
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Everyone's view on this is different, in my opinion. To me, I count plain water, water flavored with Kool-Aid drops/Mio/other flavors, and tea as water intake. I log that in in my diary. Of course, I try to only drink plain water and save a glass of flavored for my dinner or when I'm really craving something else.