What do you count as water?

Options
I know some people say anything you drink can be counted as your daily water intake. And other people say only count plain water. Just wanted to see what other people think?
Currently, I count plain water and crystal light. My mom says I should count all the ice tea I drink, but I dont.

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Water. Pure, unadulterated water.
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I only count water because other things my have nutrients/additives/sodium in them that need to be recorded differently. :smile:
  • jmeeej
    jmeeej Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Water and only water
  • cmileham
    Options
    I just count water and I drink 1 gallon of it per day. If I want any other beverage, I only drink it after I have completed the gallon.
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Just water.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i only count water. i have coffee during the day, but i use cream and sugar, so i have to log it. my mother is on here too - she drinks green tea - just hot water and a bag of organic green tea - and she records it as water b/c she drinks it instead of water. but there is NOTHING in it but the tea bag.
  • blaseyly
    Options
    I love water so its easy for me to stick to plain old fashioned tap water. Yum! Vitamin water is another love but I count that separate because its got so much other good stuff that deserves to be recorded
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Water = Water
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I only log water as plain water. I love unsweet tea but I usually add splenda to it and that needs to be logged. I know some people log any thing that is liquid that they drink but I don't think that is accurate.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I count water and non-caffeinated diet sodas [but I have maybe two or three of them a week].

And whenever I drink anything with either caffeine OR alcohol in it, I drink an equivalent volume of water to account for the dehydration associated with both IN ADDITION to my regular 8 glasses a day goal.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I know some people say anything you drink can be counted as your daily water intake. And other people say only count plain water. Just wanted to see what other people think?
    Currently, I count plain water and crystal light. My mom says I should count all the ice tea I drink, but I dont.

If you are tracking water for hydration purposes, which is what the 8 glass a day recommendation is all about, then you should could count the tea and pretty much anything else you drink. If you are tracking for some other reason, then it would depend on the reason.
  • Riverofbeauty
    Riverofbeauty Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I count only water, but sometimes I do wonder about green tea. It's just a tea bag in a whole cup of water.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i sometimes count beer as water, because its made out of water. matter of fact, i'm gonna go have me a six pack of water right now.

HMRDRIN.JPG
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Plain water. If I have mineral/carbonated water, I put that in my food diary. I'm really anal about counting only water as water.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

If you are tracking water for hydration purposes, which is what the 8 glass a day recommendation is all about, then you should could count the tea and pretty much anything else you drink. If you are tracking for some other reason, then it would depend on the reason.
    ^^This!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Water. Pure, unadulterated water.

:heart: :drinker:
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I love water so its easy for me to stick to plain old fashioned tap water. Yum! Vitamin water is another love but I count that separate because its got so much other good stuff that deserves to be recorded

Vitamin water is a marketing gimmick. It doesn't have any "good stuff"................just as much or more sugar / artificial sweeteners as soda.
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just plain water, and I drink 2-3 liters of it every day. :)
  • poseidon9447
    Options
    water only, everything else the body has to digest before using so it is food.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I only count plain water.