Letting the SD stuff go

Options
2»

Replies

• Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    About an hour ago I posted a blog saying my own thoughts about how stupid it is people keep bringing him up and how he was pretty much treated like a god on MFP by all the blind people.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    What the hell...I was told there would be punch n pie here. What a rip. :indifferent:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    boobs?
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I wanted to clarify a few things here that I think a lot of people are confused about:

- First, we would NEVER tolerate any member harassing another member in the way that has been described. Normally, when someone breaks the rules on the site, we issue them a warning, and if they continue to violate our rules, we will eventually suspend them or even ban them. Very rarely do we go straight to a suspension or ban. But if someone were violating the rules in the way described, we would ban them immediately - no warnings would be required. That is how seriously we would take a situation similar to this one.

- However, in order for that member to be banned, we need two things to happen: first, we need people to report to us that the issue is occurring. There are literally millions of members on the site, and hundreds of thousands of messages get sent daily. It's virtually impossible to know every problem that is occurring without them being reported to us. So if you are experiencing harassment, PLEASE let Steven, one of the moderators, or myself know. We will absolutely look into the situation and take the appropriate action.

- The other prerequisite to the ban is that we need to be sure that the accused member actually is guilty. I just want to make sure it is clear that just because a post is reported, or an individual member is reported to us, that doesn't automatically mean they will be suspended or banned. We need to investigate first to make sure that the allegations are true, and if they are, we will take the appropriate action. But we absolutely will investigate, using the materials you provide as well as any other tools and information at our disposal, and once verified, we will take action.

So, just to be crystal clear, we have not and will not tolerate the behavior described. If you've experienced something like this, PLEASE send us a message and we'll look into it ASAP.

Now, I need to also make something else clear. If you are upset about a situation on the site, especially one that deals with another member, the forum mods, or the site rules, the proper course of action is to privately message Steven, one of the moderators, or myself. We will be very happy to listen to your concerns and respond, as well as make any changes necessary to the site. But airing your grievances on the forums, even if the accused member has deactivated their account, is absolutely NOT acceptable. The forums are just NOT the appropriate venue for any personal grievances with other members, and the forum rules specifically don't allow this.

As a result, we will be deleting topics related to this issue. But again, if you have questions or concerns, PLEASE email Steven, myself, or one of the mods. We absolutely encourage you to do so, and we promise to respond as quickly as possible.

Hope that helps clarify things. Thanks, and hope you are all enjoying MFP.
This discussion has been closed.