Magical Multi-vitamins!

Options
Alright!

So lets just say, I'm already 'eating right'. Do I need a multi-vitamin? And what kind do I need as a mid-20's female? There are so many pills out there, and so many recommendations.

I just hate taking them all, staring at my rows of:
Multivitamin
Fish oil
Cranberry
Bio-Tin

And I keep thinking.. do I really need all this?

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    I have seen quite a few recent online publications that indicate that our foods are losing nutritional value. If these publications are from reputable sources I don't know. I figure a multi vitamin isn't going to hurt anyway. I also take a B complex and a D.
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Keep taking the multi and the fish oil. Also consider taking a general mineral supplement...preferably colloidal.

Vitamins are cellular fuel, but minerals are the spark that ignite them. People tend to overlook them.

Our food is getting less and less nutritious as time goes on. We're depleting our soil and using artificial fertilizers by the megaton. Food companies and farms are in the business to turn a profit, not to give us our daily reqs.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    I take a multi and fish oil.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I take gnc women's active. I only take one a day since I think you can only absorb so much at a time then you pee the rest out. It has calcium and vitamin d3 which is good to get when you're young to protect against osteoporosis, and breast cancer. I like them, no neg side effects. I also take the fish oil since it helps burn fat and is good for your heart. So that's all I'd worry about taking if I were you. Oh, I also think I lost some water weight on these vitamins.