Getting so frustrated...pain in knees and ankel

Options
So I'm on Level 2 right now (haha forgot to say 30DS)...not doing each level for 10 days straight though and lately I've noticed that my knees are hurting a bit...especially on the forward lunges in the pendulum lunges. I've never really had a problem with my knees before when working out. But I usually don't do the same video for a week or more... so that is not helping me motivate myself to workout...

And also last week sometime my ankle started hurting while working out. Kind of like after you twisted it once it's mostly better it just hurts at some angles? Yeah...that's it. And now my ankle really hurts during certain exercises... I don't remember twisting my ankle or doing anything to it.

Ugh. this is so annoying. Right now my left knee hurts just sitting here. This is so not helping. How can I want to workout when my ankle and knees hurt? :( Or I know they'll start hurting when I'm working out...

A few weeks ago I had a really bad week or two and gained some weight so now I'm trying to lose the weight I gained (plus the weight I wanted to lose in the first place). Damn my stupid body for being so difficult. :( I hadn't lost a pound in MONTHS. I mean working really hard I can maintain my weight easily...but trying to lose it? Sheesh. Yeah...sucks. I wonder how much of it is my PCOS acting up though since I know that affects weight. I'm lucky. I haven't had that huge weight gain but I am a bit heavier than what's good for my frame...and I can't lose a single pound so maybe that's what I get instead of weight gain?

Anyway. This is just kind of a rant. I think I said most of what's on my mind...

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Level 2 of what? If you are doing circuit training high impact - you may need to switch off days and do something lower impact.

Also for any kind of traveling (or moving lunge) be sure that your form is really good. Bad form also causes aggreavation. Look for a workout with lunges in place.

Age and weight play a role in how much your knees can take.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I was doing the shred too & hurt my knee on day 7 (the 7th) So I stopped and am NOT happy about it. Gaining & can't really do much - I haven't found a low impact workout I like better than the Shred so...
    I found some rehab exercises for my knee I'm going to do 5 of each (10 repsx2) every other day. God willing, I'm going to continue the shred BUT I'm not doing the jumping jacks, jump rope & butt kicks. During the shred, I will be doing arm circles & stuff instead. Then I am going to do 30 mins of LOW IMPACT cardio each day to follow up. I'm going to walk or elliptical every other day.
    so - Shred every day. Mon/Wed/Fri: Set 1 knee exercises Tues/Thurs/Sat: Set 2 knee exercises
    Mon/Wed/Fri: Walk off the Weight
    Tues/Thurs/Sat: Elliptical

This is the schedule I'm going to TRY for the rest of this month. Next month I'll focus on strengthening my knees, endurance & thinking about doing SHRED IT WITH WEIGHTS - haven't decided yet.
    maybe cardio salsa. I have to find a low impact cardio program that I like and can stick with. OR get strong enough to do THE SHRED
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I'm only 19 but I think five years of volleyball in high school has affected my knees a bit but usually working out doesn't bother them. I've done Insanity before (not the whole program but all the videos) and never had a problem. And my form is really good so that's not it though I have tried to do the modified version like not doing them as deep. Right now I'm just modifying the moves whenever my knees or ankle hurts but I LOVE high intensity workouts and to me most moves are also high impact.
  • vibral
    Options
    I have bad knees (I'll be having surgery soon) and lunges are my one big NO from my doctor. He said whenever I work out and it calls for lunges to do squats instead.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I never ever had issues w/ knees or ankles till doing the 30ds and I played softball in school even. I could hardly bend my knees to sit down and twisted my ankle somehow on lev 1- I think from jumping jacks
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I never ever had issues w/ knees or ankles till doing the 30ds and I played softball in school even. I could hardly bend my knees to sit down and twisted my ankle somehow on lev 1- I think from jumping jacks

I'm not even sure if it's from 30DS. lol I've never had problems with any workout videos. I've done some ChaLEAN Xtreme videos with even MORE lunges and whatnot and my knees didn't hurt then...

I think volleyball has affected my knees because I was almost constantly in a really deep squat and quite often diving and slamming down onto my knees during games.