First gym session ...

... In just over a month. Motivation, willpower, inspiration? Don't know what it is called but it has been missing for that long I was beginning to forget what it felt like. Today I sat here thinking about my friends having a laugh on the salsa dance floor. I wanna be up there too. At the moment I can't be because my body won't let me. There's too much of it (just over 400 lbs).

I really didn't wanna be there. Those cardio machines bore me rigid but they're the only real option at this point in time. So ... I don't mind and they don't matter.

Walked up the stairs instead of getting in the lift.

What shall I do? Hmm, rowing machine is a tad awkward coz the belly gets in the way. My knees don't like the bike. I have to have the seat lower than it should be just to get on the thing. Once on it, I can't raise the seat. That left the cross trainer and treadmill.

Started off on the cross trainer and concentrated on legs only. I did 1km in 16.5 mins.
Moved on to the treadmill and did 1km in 21.5 mins.

Happy bunny. Just over a month ago I could barely do 15 mins without the plantar fasciitis playing up or my lower back burning like crazy. Hmm, thank you lactic acid. I know when I'm moving and using muscles that have been gathering dust for a while. I don't need you to tell me. The only discomfort was in the right foot. It started whining that it had had enough after 2 mins. Whine away, pal. I'm not stopping just for you ;-)

Walked down the stairs to my car.

The foundation has been laid. I can build on this.

Replies

• Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    I can tell from your words you have the right mindset and are on your way to a great start! Cheers to you!