What size do you wear?

Options
I'm curious what size I'd most likely wear at my goal weight of 130 pounds. I'm 5'1" and currently 183 pounds and wear a size 15/16. I have a large frame and pear shaped body. Does anyone have close to the same measurements? If so, what's your weight, height, frame size, shape and of course size. Thanks! :)

Size as in Jeans or Dress

Replies

• albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I'm curious what size I'd most likely wear at my goal weight of 130 pounds. I'm 5'1" and currently 183 pounds and wear a size 15/16. I have a large frame and pear shaped body. Does anyone have close to the same measurements? If so, what's your weight, height, frame size, shape and of course size. Thanks! :)

Size as in Jeans or Dress
    I would guess dress 6p-8p and 28 jeans?
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    probably a 5-6. You'd be surprised how fast you go down in inches if you are working out. I am 5'6 and started at 172 and in a size 12, I am now down to 143 and in a size 6. I have a large frame.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3 and 1/2. That 1/2 is very important to me :)
    I weight 153 lbs and I wear I size 10. I must carry my weight extremely well because at what I consider a good goal for me (140 lbs) Im usually around a 6. When I got married I was 135 and my wedding dress was a 4. I have friends that make me get on the scale because they dont believe I weigh as much as I say I do. Its like I have lead in my bones. Or adamantine (geek reference).
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    When I was about 120, it was around 3-5 depending on pant brand..
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    im 5'2 pear shaped i think...
    im ranging between 102lbs-112lbs
    size 6/8
    x
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Have you seen this site..
    www.mybodygallery.com/

Its very interesting. You see what other women the same height and weight as you look like. Even what size clothing they wear. Its amazing the range of the human body!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and weigh 129 wearing a size 2. Keep in mind, different designers/brands sizes vary.
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I weight 153 lbs and I wear I size 10. I must carry my weight extremely well because at what I consider a good goal for me (140 lbs) Im usually around a 6. When I got married I was 135 and my wedding dress was a 4. I have friends that make me get on the scale because they dont believe I weigh as much as I say I do. Its like I have lead in my bones. Or adamantine (geek reference).

I'm upset by the fact that I understood your greek reference. Sigh. I might actually be the nerd I always thought I was. I'm a size 12 (I feel like admitting that to myself is actually a good step) and I'm at 170. 1 year ago (almost exactly) I was at 145 and a size 7/8.

And I don't even want to know my dress size.. haha
  • HHmstead
    Options
    Hi! I started with a tough diet & lost from 165 to my current 136. Now I'm using myfitnesspal to track what I eat & continue to loose down to 125. I was almost out of a size 16, now I'm wearing a 12 on the bottom. I'm 5'2", but larger on top.
  • adventuring
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 184 pounds, and I wear a size 16. I'm also pear shaped.
  • Sharon009
    Sharon009 Posts: 327 Member
    Options

You must carry your weight well :-). I'm 5'3" and 3/4's and at 146 starting weight I wear a 10 (probably should've been wearing a 12). Good for you!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I'm a size 20 in jeans and I'm a XXL in most girl tops, an XL in most boy tops, but the shirts are looser now than before I lost 11lbs! :-D
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i am 130lbs 5'5 and am wearing a size 5 in jr's and size 4 in women's
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 133lbs and wear a 6 to 8 dependent on the brand.
  • negative187
    Options
    I'm 5'5, 137.6lbs and I usually wear a UK 8 / UK 10 depending on what shop the clothes are from or what brand they are. I find that clothing sizes differ depending on the shop/brand.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I am 55 years old.
    I am 5'4
    and in a size 4 now after losing 30 lbs.
    I am very proud of myself. Thank you very much.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Well, i'm 4'8" tall, and i weigh 110-113lbs. But i am rather pear shaped myself and i wear pants from a 3 to a 7, depending on who makes them.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a large in most men's clothing.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you are and, when I started 300 days ago (my, that seems like forever, doesn't it), I couldn't even button nor zip the one skirt I could squeeze into that was in my closet. The size 16s were much too tight and some 16s, I could not even wear.

As you trim down, you might like to consider shopping in the thrift stores. For the past 8 years, that's where I get all my pretty clothes to wear to church anyway. Great quality clothes that came from the nicer department stores like Nordstroms, etc. I get fully lined skirts and blazer jackets as well as pretty blouses for super bargain prices.

I'm down to a suit size 4. A size 6-8 in jeans and my formerly constant arthritic pain is GONE :) (huge smile).

Suggestion: stop worrying about clothing sizes. Focus your attention and energies on staying with your program faithfully, one meal at a time/one day at a time. Exercise daily to get and maintain your TARGET HEART rate for 30 minutes. One year from now, if you follow that regime, you'll feel like a "new woman" and your energy level will have skyrocketed.

My secret to success: Every single item that goes in my mouth gets weighed, measured, excess quantities get leveled off and recorded on MFP daily. I will continue doing this for the rest of my life~~~if I stop this routine, I'll be back to where I was before and I flatly refuse to let that happen again. I love being heart healthy. :)
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 215ish, and in a size 14-16 depending on brand for bottoms, and L for tops. I supposedly carry my weight pretty well :)