Quiting the Soda!!! any suggestions??

Options
I am a Mountain Dew addict! Whenever I try to quit i get horrible migraines not to mention the loss of energy!
Any suggestions on how to kick the "DEW" without the horrible withdrawls? :noway:

Replies

• rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Diet Mt Dew
  • poseidon9447
    Options
    Dew is a hard habbit to quit, you have both sugar addiction and caffine addiction to deal with. Will power is the only way to quit anything. Maybe get a lo cal hard candy that taste like it so you get the flavor and drink plenty of water.
  • lauram_23
    lauram_23 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I had this problem but with Pepsi! I drank so much it was eating at my stomach and I needed prescription antacids. i just weaned myself off it, and did have to endure a few headaches but now all I drink is water and it feels damn good! Good luck!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Try the Diet and then just start cutting back slowly til you are off!

You will be glad you did it!!!
  • SaundraU
    Options
    crystal light, diet dr pepper, diet coke zero cherry, diet dew
  • Biancalee76
    Options
    I had my last Dr Pepper on Friday. I have had a headache since Saturday. I'm drinking lots of water and trying to stay busy. For me, it was best to go old turkey. I wish you luck. It's tough.
  • iamrobyn
    Options
    Sugar free Red Bull? I wouldn't drink more than one of these a day but it could be an energy boost when you need it most and might help with the caffine withdraw.
  • shelbym87
    shelbym87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible coke habit! So bad. At least 32oz daily. But I've replaced that with zero calorie powerade and so far so good. Last time I had soda was on 7/27 (with an exception for my birthday 8/13).
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I had my last Dr Pepper on Friday. I have had a headache since Saturday. I'm drinking lots of water and trying to stay busy. For me, it was best to go old turkey. I wish you luck. It's tough.

Wow old turkey is hardcore....I assume it was moldy too? :sick:
  • imprimez
    Options
    Diet soda or black coffee to handle the caffeine withdrawal symptoms. If you think you're tough enough, you can also try going cold turkey and just drink water.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    switch to tea.
  • BeckyV73
    BeckyV73 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Diet Dew, for sure.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Old turkey is the best way. Rip that bandage off!
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Easy solution: Don't buy it anymore. That's what I did and wouldn't ya know it worked great! I'm serious though. That's what I finally had to do.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    When I quit drinking coffee I got horrible caffeine withdraw headaches. I drink tea now usually but I took caffeine pills to stop the headaches initially and also to pep me up!! :bigsmile:
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Old turkey is the best way. Rip that bandage off!

Hehehehehe Old turkey
  • shelbym87
    shelbym87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

I haven't read any evidence myself but I've been told by others that MIO drops have some pretty gnarly chemicals in em.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible coke habit! So bad. At least 32oz daily. But I've replaced that with zero calorie powerade and so far so good. Last time I had soda was on 7/27 (with an exception for my birthday 8/13).

Ok, this made me snort! "A horrible coke habit". Bahahahaha!
  • piezoeyjune
    piezoeyjune Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    There was a TLC show that covered this only with Coke.

Basically the lady had to throw away all her "secret" stash; then she had to go from whatever number she had/day down to 1/4 that then after a week down 1/4 more till the end when you can cope with out it.

Good luck.