hitting a wall

Options
I have been doing well. For the last year I have been gradually increasing my exercise, that is very gradual but I am now doing 40 to 50 minutes daily. Weights 2 to 3 times a week. I Jog.....quite frankly I never thougth I would jog or start jogging, when I started doing what I am doing at this point I was over 200 pounds and over forty.....well I am still over forty....but now I weigh 40 pounds less. Like I said the weight loss is very gradual (over a year) but I feel good. the problem is since mid july (2 months now) I have hit a plateau.....it itself it is not that bad altougether....I am ajusting to my new weight and continuing my fitness regiment. for the Jogging I jog 2 to 3 times a week and sqeeze i there a 12 minute mile, but during the last 2 weeks I have been increasingly tired and have failed to run my 12 minute mile in the last week. Today I at my lunch workout I have also found myself having a hard time jogging. I sweat like a pig and end up huffing and puffing. I hurd everywhere....so needless to say I am struggling big time. I have been able to maintain the weight routine....but I am getting increasingly concerned and it is affecting my motivation. so I am wondering If I am overtraining? what is the deal with this wall I am hitting....anyone out there went or going through this? any idea on what I need to do to cope with this?

Replies

• Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Do you workout on the weekends? I'm currently doing 3 days running and 2-3 days weights. I usually take some time off every couple months, if you feel like you are burning out, back down on the runs for a bit ad see what happens. I usually come back fresh after taking time off or just doing a light workout vs a hard one. I don't see a problem doing this, you can't go full bore forever and your full bore might not be another pwersons so you just need to judge for yourself if you need to dial it back a bit or take some time off.
  • dannylives
    Options
    Maybe you need to take a 2 week break of no exercise. After you come back from the break, work out harder. Maybe you got the easy weight off and now it's time to increase the intensity of your workouts. I really don't know, just a suggestion.
  • SamsaraII
    SamsaraII Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I guess I could take a break, I will try replacing jogging with Yoga for 2 weeks, but keep the weight training - cardio routine. I just don't want to mess with my routine....cause I fear losing my motivation on the long run.

thanks for the advice it sounds right
  • SamsaraII
    SamsaraII Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It really worked, I just slowed down for a week and now I am back on track! ran my mile today
  • dannylives
    Options
    Awesome!