calorie

Options
Went to dietary today to check in on how I am doing. I thought I was doing well, come to find out that I am susposed to have only 1400 calories not the 2000 my fitness pal recommended. Honestly I was constently starving with the 2k not sure how I will handle only 1400, guess I am going to eat a ton of watermelon. Otherwise she said I was making good food choices, however, my sodium intake was way to high. Uggh, I am confused, I have been working on calories and fat, now I have to track sodium as well, not sure how easy this is going to be. Wish I could master one thing at a time, but I guess getting everything going at once is better. Today I feel lost and confused, and to be honest a bit fustrated. UGGH

Replies

• Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Honestly I think i know how you feel. I am in the same boat i think. lol
  • ccckwalk
    Options
    it is ok. Just take one step at a time. Everyday that you make healthy choices and exercise your body will thank you and the pounds will come off, slowly but they will come off. Consistancy is the key! Girl you are doing good. Listen to your body, when you are hungry eat something. Enjoy your evening!!~CC
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on your current weight, height, and end goal as to how many calories is right for you. My dietician told me to go with 1200 to 1500. I am 5'5" and about 40 pounds over weight. I opted to go with 1500, because I knew I would cave if I could only have 1200 a day. At times that feels like its not enough. (it would be plenty if I'd not eat as many sweets) But I'm losing about 1/2 a pound a week, which is fine with me.
  • heidithompson78
    Options
    I am looking to loose 200 lbs. I have a really long road to go
  • alicebud
    alicebud Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Heidi,

I didn't have as much to lose, but struggled with the 1200 calorie diet for at first. And, hunger pains until I found a few go to foods that were filling but low in calorie - watermelon, cantaloupe, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes were some of my go to foods. or, oven roasted turkey breast and baked chicken.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/high-fiber-foods/NU00582

That link gives you a list of high fiber foods. Not all are low in calorie. Add some of your favorites into your diary and just see the different totals you get. Beans (if buying canned look for low sodium ones) go a long way for just a few calories.

You can do this, but just go one week at a time changing up your meals plans!