Finally broke out of the 130's.

Options
Today I finally broke out of the 130's, my scale at home says 129.4, and the one at the gym says 128. I am 5'7" with a medium/small frame, and while I still have about 15 more pounds to go, I wanted to share my success with you all and hope to be motivation for someone with similar goals, or just for you to know you CAN do it. There will be days when you cry because you think you can't, or a month where you don't lose a pound, but keep going. My weight has made me sad my whole life, and for the first time I am happy with who I am. It has taken me 9 months of hard work to go from 170 to 129 and I hope that by the end of October I will be my Goal Weight.

20fxq3l.jpg

**and please ignore the TP rolls in the background, I was in the middle of putting away stuff from the store LOL** :)

Replies

• CaliGirl313
    Options
    great job!!! You are my go-to inspiration buddy cause we have the exact same goals and are the same height! You look great! Keep up the good work :)
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Great job! I remember well how hard it was to break out of the 130s -- it seemed like it would never happen for me. Keep up the good work. You look great!!
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am the same weight and I am trying hard to stay on course and not fall below 120. I am pretty thin looking. I am currently 122 and I wear around a size 26 in 7 and Joe's jeans and I guess that would be a 2 in other clothes? Not sure. I cannot imagine 115 on me. You are doing great. I see you went from 170. That's awesome. :-)
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    WOW congratulations!!! We are almost the same HW but I don't like to fall below my CW of 120 even if I'm 4 inches shorter than you since my muscles, also my rib & hip bones are already start to peeking out on my body at this weight though I'm still keep on getting thinner without changing my weight. Anyway keep it up!
  • loristroud
    loristroud Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am the same weight and I am trying hard to stay on course and not fall below 120. I am pretty thin looking. I am currently 122 and I wear around a size 26 in 7 and Joe's jeans and I guess that would be a 2 in other clothes? Not sure. I cannot imagine 115 on me. You are doing great. I see you went from 170. That's awesome. :-)

The short in this picture are size 6 in american eagle, I don't know if you can tell, but I have long legs and a short torso, so I would like to be somewhere between 115 and 120 just because my mid section tends to be a little pudgier than I'd like.
  • sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Actually, nothing on you looks pudgy at all in the photo. :-) I do have a teenie tummy and some thighs. I've been working very hard on my legs recently. My husband says my leg "dimples" are starting to disappear. I'm doing the balancing act of lots of exercise, eating properly and trying to stay 122. Fun, fun.
  • loristroud
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the kind words! I do feel like my stomach and hip/thigh area is still way too pudgy for my liking, but I may decide to maintain between 120-125. I just want my little tummy pudge to go away!! :P
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,179 Member
    Options
    You look terrific and have come a long way from the 170's! You will know your comfy weight when you get there. Cheers! :drinker:
  • dolphin21
    dolphin21 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Wow u look great!!!!! U motive me so much, cause I was once in the 180's and seen u makes me go further! !!! I have 2 girls and after having them I gain weight!!! When I lost weight some of it within the years I manage 2 stay like 155 n that was making me unhappy! !! So now I'm here and I mange 2 loose 15 pounds and I'm @ 139!!! So I'm happy but like 2 be at 130-135!! So with your story I know I can do it!!!!! Thanks!!!! Good luck
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look so amazing! I can't wait to look that good. :D
  • amandaburk17
    amandaburk17 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! I have the hardest time staying motivated sometimes. Good for you!!
  • yogabebe
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! This is really inspiring especially since the last couple weeks my weight has been fluctuating but it reminds me that I just need to look forward and keep moving. Thanks for posting!
  • loristroud
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! :)
  • YaredPadilla
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look amazing!!! You inspire me!!! just when i felt like giving up and sitting on the couch with a biggo bag of chips and other junk food, i seen this pic and thought "oh heckkkkk noooo". Thanks for sharing :)
  • surfinbernard
    Options
    You look absolutely stunning!! Well done you!
  • splackk
    splackk Posts: 163
    Options
    Amazing amazing amazing! You look fantastic! If you don't mind my asking, what exercise do you do? Even if you're planning to lose a bit more I'd be dang happy to know what you're doing to get to the shape you're at now haha!
  • mytwobabies
    mytwobabies Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! You look fantastic!! I was so proud the day I was in the 120's!!! We have about the same goal weight.Except your legs are what I want mine to look like! :) I hold most my weight in my thighs and butt lol Your stomach looks exactly like mine. I am trying to get that all toned up now. I am doing insanity at the moment and its definitely getting definition. I wish you well for your ultimate goal. Add me if you'd like :)
  • am312
    am312 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wahoo, that's is so awesome !! You have almost the same goal at me an I am 5'7, but I don't know how you did it, so impressive. For me it's just doesnt move on the scale :( ...
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look fabulous!

K
  • ivygirl328
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Just the inspiration I needed. I, too, am 5'7" and I started out at 185. I'm currently at 167 two months in. I can only hope, and work out, that I am at 129 in seven more months!

Thank you for posting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!