Exercises that work back fat

Options
Here is what mine looks like but even worse with a bra. What exercises work that area. I've been lifting weights but when I lift I feel it in my arms not that area of the back. What type of exercises treat that area and should I feel the workout in that area like I feel in arms and legs. For some reason I think if you don't feel anything it's not working. To clarify. my back fat starts below the band of my bra.

Here is an example

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/alsaxon/lens17658795_1298108592back-fat.jpg

Replies

• rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat (though it sure would be nice!) but if you have muscle under there, even the fat looks better. What type of equipment, if any, do you have?
  • amandalovesyouu
    amandalovesyouu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My trainer helped me slim my back and it was worse!

The kettle bell will be your new best friend! I hated that thing but sure made a difference also ropes heavy ones at the gym and machines where youre pulling your ams back and squeezing your back muscle! You can also youtube back fat videos those help out a ton!

Hope that helps

:]
  • dannylives
    Options
    Watch this video and listen to what she says, i found that this exercise tightens up my lower back. It wont burn the fat though. BE CAREFUL. http://youtu.be/gYZjHErxMqQ
  • dannylives
    Options
    This girl's doing it on the beach http://youtu.be/lSoYTP70aXE
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I agree with the info on spot reduction already mentioned. However, I've noticed a huge difference in my back fat (ugh, I hate typing that) by doing the pull ups that are required in P90X. I do modified pull ups, using a chair to help boost myself and even still, I've seen a lot of fat loss and a boost in definition in my lat/back area in just 4 weeks.
  • dannylives
    Options
    Heres another exercise that might help, BE CAREFUL. http://youtu.be/Iycq-kJann0
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Spot reduction through exercise does not work. You can work your Lats (this is the area where you get back fat) until the cows come home...but it will not get rid of the fat in that area. The only way to get rid of back fat is to lose FAT. This is achieved through diet/cardio mainly. Sure..exercise your lats for strength...but working them to spot reduce won't work.

PS..the best lat workout in the world is rock climbing.
    Words of wisdom.
  • dannylives
    Options
    Do wide grip lat pulldowns.
  • alsaxon
    alsaxon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Spot reduction through exercise does not work. You can work your Lats (this is the area where you get back fat) until the cows come home...but it will not get rid of the fat in that area. The only way to get rid of back fat is to lose FAT. This is achieved through diet/cardio mainly. Sure..exercise your lats for strength...but working them to spot reduce won't work.

PS..the best lat workout in the world is rock climbing.

Thanks, I've actually thought of trying rock climbing (maybe I will go ahead and do that). I know I can't spot reduce so I am doing cardio as well 5 days a week but won't lifting weights on top of cardio help minimize that area? Meaning if I only did cardio and no strength training that are would still be less toned than if I did strength training as well, right?
  • alsaxon
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat (though it sure would be nice!) but if you have muscle under there, even the fat looks better. What type of equipment, if any, do you have?

I have resistance bands, dumbells, the long weight bar (???, ya know the ones they use for deadlifts). That's all I have. I do have an exercise ball but I hate that thing.
  • alsaxon
    Options
    My trainer helped me slim my back and it was worse!

The kettle bell will be your new best friend! I hated that thing but sure made a difference also ropes heavy ones at the gym and machines where youre pulling your ams back and squeezing your back muscle! You can also youtube back fat videos those help out a ton!

Hope that helps

:]

What do you mean it was worse? Let me look up Kettle bell's. I heard the work wonders. They look scary though. lol
  • alsaxon
    Options
    This girl's doing it on the beach http://youtu.be/lSoYTP70aXE

Thx I really liked the girl on the beach, looks a lil easier for a beginner.
  • alsaxon
    Options
    I agree with the info on spot reduction already mentioned. However, I've noticed a huge difference in my back fat (ugh, I hate typing that) by doing the pull ups that are required in P90X. I do modified pull ups, using a chair to help boost myself and even still, I've seen a lot of fat loss and a boost in definition in my lat/back area in just 4 weeks.

I can imagine!! I just looked that up. A girl in you tube had something installed over her doorway to do the pullups. Wish I had such equipment.