Hello Everyone!!

A friend sent me a link to this site and I thought I would check it out.

My name is Jeff and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I have been struggling with my weight most of my life. My highest weight was 750lbs. That was back in July of 2007. At that time I made up my mind that I wanted more for my life than being cooped up in an apartment all day, everyday. I became disabled because of my weight.

Here it is a year and a half later and I am proud to say I have lost 166 lbs. so far. Most of that was lost by February of last year. I have not stayed on plan most of this last year. It was a bad year for me. I lost both of my parents. Thank God I did not turn back to food for comfort. I have pretty much maintained.

I decided I need to get on with my life and have recommitted myself to losing this weight. I started on the 1st. day of this year. I have already lost 6 lbs. I know I will be able to stick to this program because I have the support of family and friends, and I hope all of you. I am determined to get off of disability and get back to work.

All of you who are struggling out there just remember you are worth it. Don't let anyone tell you different. God put us all on this earth to accomplish something.

I hope I can get to know a lot of you and that we can support each other. God bless and take care.

Replies

• A friend sent me a link to this site and I thought I would check it out.

My name is Jeff and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I have been struggling with my weight most of my life. My highest weight was 750lbs. That was back in July of 2007. At that time I made up my mind that I wanted more for my life than being cooped up in an apartment all day, everyday. I became disabled because of my weight.

Here it is a year and a half later and I am proud to say I have lost 166 lbs. so far. Most of that was lost by February of last year. I have not stayed on plan most of this last year. It was a bad year for me. I lost both of my parents. Thank God I did not turn back to food for comfort. I have pretty much maintained.

I decided I need to get on with my life and have recommitted myself to losing this weight. I started on the 1st. day of this year. I have already lost 6 lbs. I know I will be able to stick to this program because I have the support of family and friends, and I hope all of you. I am determined to get off of disability and get back to work.

All of you who are struggling out there just remember you are worth it. Don't let anyone tell you different. God put us all on this earth to accomplish something.

I hope I can get to know a lot of you and that we can support each other. God bless and take care.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Hi Jeff. My name is Lauri and I am new to this sight also. I am happy to meet you. Congratulations on recommitting yourself to your weight loss goals! And especially, for being able to maintain your previous weight loss even in the face of losing your parents. I know how untethered you can feel after the death of a loved one, so huge kudos to you for not turning back to food for comfort! I am new to the whole forum thing, but feel like this will be a great way to make friends with people with whom I have a common goal - I know that with friends and support we can all be successful in our goals!

I look forward to talking to you more in the future! Be strong - we can do this!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Hi Jeff, WELCOME!

Congratulations on your progress. 166 pounds is AMAZING! You have come to the right place for support & encouragement. This is a great community.

I wish you much more success on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    OMG Jeff your story gave me chills, first let me say that I don't know you but I am extremely proud of you!! As well, you should be proud of yourself, 166 pounds is freaking awesome!! I have three kids and one is only 10 months old so I am not on the community site as much as the others, but I will tell you - this is an AMAZING site and EVERYONE is very positive, supportive and helpful!!! Feel free to call on me if you EVER have a problem or need someone for support, there are LOTS of people here for you, I see AMAZING success story in your future!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!