50 Pounds to Lose!!!

Anyone out there new to MFP or getting back on track? I need a group to hold me accountable!!! Does any body else need the same thing? I have recently gained about 50lbs due to a surgery and to an under active thyroid. I thought, "No biggy", I gained it no problem, I'll lose it no problem...

Is it really true what they say? "It's so hard to lose weight after you turn 30"

Replies

• abjedi
    abjedi Posts: 114 Member
    I have about50 left to loose addmeif you like..
  • I have 55.4 pounds to lose. I don't mind being in a group! Nice to meet you!
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    I am 30, and I've lost over 30lbs. Sure it wasn't easy, and it took work, but it came off. I don't know if it was harder, but it was worth it!
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    I have over 50 to lose (haven't decided end goal weight yet, just a sub goal) and while I'm ready for the challenge, I know weight loss comes tough for me. I have fat genes, and jeans. lol That's no excuse though, and I'm sure I'm going to need peer support, too. :)
  • I have about that left to lose! Gained too from an underactive thyroid, even medicated its still hard to lose it but I'm slowly getting there! I defo would like people to help motivate me!!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    I've been off due to a hip injury (much better now) and just started back this past week. My goal is closer to 40 #s (I gained back about 30#s during the lay off). Add me if you like, most of my friends are gone (for whatever reason) and looking for some new ones. I'll be 55 in a few months, so no it's not harder to loose after 30, as long as you get up and move:wink: