5K ~ 10/1/11 at Disney Orlando

Options
I am going to be participating in te Halloween 5k being held at Disney Orlando during the Wine and Dine Half marathon weekend. I have no one to buddy up with for my walk/jog and was wondering if anyone else from this wonderful forum is planning to attend...

Let me know, it would be nice to have some one to share this with. :flowerforyou:

Adriana

Replies

• NurdyNurse
    NurdyNurse Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I used to live south of Orlando in Satellite Beach. I so wish I could run with you, but since I am in Colorado, I don't think that would work out. Say "hi" to Mickey and the gang for me!! ~patty
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I used to live south of Orlando in Satellite Beach. I so wish I could run with you, but since I am in Colorado, I don't think that would work out. Say "hi" to Mickey and the gang for me!! ~patty

Thanks Patty! I sure will.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I will be running with the strollers for this. We'll have two kids to push plus our 11 yr old is running with us. I'm sure we'll be at the back of the pack! Can't wait to stop and take pics with characters along the route!
  • la_nanita
    Options
    Ohh that sounds fun! My kids are out of strollers and are not up for doing a 5k. I too will be towards the back since I know that I will not be going that fast. My first 5k I finished in 55mins.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    My goal is 45 mins with the stroller. A good 5K for me would be 32 mins but that's after training. I'm also running the 5K, half , and full marathon weekend at WDW. LOVE Disney and the races are amazing! wait...they're the only "races" I've done other than a 5K local once and a 10K last October.
  • la_nanita
    Options
    My first 5k ever was the Minnie Marathon in 2008, only Disney one. Ever since I have made a new years resolution to do 1 walk/run a year for a good cause. So far so good. But Disney is my favorite, what other run has such beautiful scenery and you dont have to worry about any kind of traffic. What I dont like is that the only discount park entrance that I can get this year is to the Not So Scary Halloween. I remember that with the first one I had a choice of Animal Kingdom or EPCOT for $35....