I've got a pack of Fiber One bars for anyone who wants to su

Options
I ate 1- as in 1 single bar at about 2:30 and my stomach is in knots, it's churning and I feel like I'm in labor been on the toilet probably a total of 2 hours.

Anyone have any experiences they'd like to share?

Replies

• ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    How soon after eating the bar did you have this reaction? Food sensitivities usually occur 1 1/2 - 2 hours after you eat them. Could it have been something you ate earlier? I'm just asking because you may be sensitive to something in the fiber one bars, or it could be something else you ate today.

So if you ate it at 2:30 and didn't have a reaction until 8 pm, (you're posting at 9 pm), it might not be the fiber one bar, but something you ate at dinner.
  • brooke_92606
    Options
    How soon after eating the bar did you have this reaction? Food sensitivities usually occur 1 1/2 - 2 hours after you eat them. Could it have been something you ate earlier? I'm just asking because you may be sensitive to something in the fiber one bars, or it could be something else you ate today.

I started getting gas within an hour of eating them but now it's unbearable. I cannot stand up without the pain coming back.
  • brooke_92606
    Options
    I also ate produce from Walmart. ICK! Never again. i guess that could be it.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i ate a 5 pack once with a monster zero ....... i thought i was having a heart attack i had so bad gas lol
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    If you are used to eating a diet low in fiber then that is how you are going to feel in the beginning as your body adjusts to the higher fiber content of your foods. This happened to my hubby. As I started only buying whole grain breads, brown rice etc. He thought he was going to die the first few days (and he didnt know why, cuz he wont eat something if it is healthy simply because it is healthy lol)
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Those Fiber One bars don't do a thing for me :grumble:

well, they taste good anyway:laugh:
  • GladImTall
    GladImTall Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I call 'em Fiber Fart Bars! Don't eat one after 5pm. You'll dutch oven yourself right out of bed.
  • NWLARealtor57
    NWLARealtor57 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I had bought 2 boxes of them, I could not stomach them and they made me so bloated, I couldn't give them away..no one wanted them!:smile:
  • NWLARealtor57
    Options
    Ha, that is so true!
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Are you used to eating fiber? It takes some time for the body to get used to having higher levels of fiber in your diet. This is stated right on the box. You might consider eating half a bar for a while and work your way up to a full bar. Also up your water intake. My doc said fiber doesno good without lots of water.
  • Luckiestmomever
    Luckiestmomever Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I had one at work one day (I am a teacher) and I BARELY made it through the day. I thought I was gonna find my intestines in the toilet, lol. (EWW) I totally relate to what you're experiencing. I still eat them, but only when I am going to be home :-) I don't get that reaction anymore, just a little gas, but not like that first time. Ugh. Feel Better!!!!
  • NWLARealtor57
    Options
    I bought a bad container of organic spinach at Walmart, said on box already washed.. about 2 months ago. I noticed the leaves were thicker looking then before but I started eating it anyway making spinach salads for work during the week. Well going into the second week my stomach was burning like it was on fire and I figured out it must be the spinach and it took about a month for it to stop hurting, I had to eat Tums every day almost all day..felt like an ulcer.
  • brooke_92606
    Options
    Is there anything I could do to get rid of this pain? I'm fine sitting down but once I walk around OUCH!
  • brooke_92606
    Options
    I bought a bad container of organic spinach at Walmart, said on box already washed.. about 2 months ago. I noticed the leaves were thicker looking then before but I started eating it anyway making spinach salads for work during the week. Well going into the second week my stomach was burning like it was on fire and I figured out it must be the spinach and it took about a month for it to stop hurting, I had to eat Tums every day almost all day..felt like an ulcer.
    That's how it feels kind of, in my lower stomach. :(
  • Emparo
    Options
    I also have this reaction to Fiber One bars, and I eat a diet that is fairly high in fiber. I think it is a reaction to the inulin they use to up the fiber content. But that conclusion is based on nothing but speculation and terrible farting.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Cardboard? No. Shart your pants? Yes.
  • brooke_92606
    Options
    Cardboard? No. Shart your pants? Yes.

LMAO!
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    lol! Yeah those Fiber One bars are tasty but gassy!!!!! I could go into more detail but I'll let your imagination do the rest. :laugh: :tongue:
  • Dolphingirlie81
    Options
    Let the farting begin. The first time I ate a Fiber One bar, I couldn't control it. Eventually it got better, but I still get gas. But the weird thing is I got the Fiber One brownie and I haven't had a problem with the brownie.
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    The brownies don't bother me either. Weird.