I promised myself that I'd post this when I hit 50 lb lost

Options
So, self explanatory, I've officially just lost 50 pounds. Basically since May. I credit my youthful metabolism.

Here's the thing, my whole family is heavy. Like...obese. About five years ago, my dad lost a ton of weight, and is like a stick now. That put the fear of god in my sister, who went from 210 to about 120. She's really pretty. My mom and I decided that as the two fat @$$e$ left, we needed to lose weight. I've lost 50, she's lost 65. Between us we've lost a middle schooler. If you want to find this middle schooler, look in McDonalds, Burger King, or any one of the thousands of restaurants that are peddling death. I've never been this healthy in my life. My pre-diabetes has completely resolved itself, and guys hit on me now. Like...I get asked on dates. Which, btw, awesome!

I don't contribute to the forums...I'm a lurker. But I do listen to ya'll's collective wisdom. When I'm freaking because I gained 2 lb in two days, you guys calm me down, and remind me that water + food (inside) probably accounts for it. When I screw up my diet...you remind me that tomorrow is another day. Which (thanks to MFP's day by day system (I swear to g-d, best thing ever) I get to start anew every day.

So here's to ya'll. Thanks for fifty pounds.

J. Thomas Green. Crowd-sourcing my way to skinny.

Replies

• NanciKay
    NanciKay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    good job!! :flowerforyou:
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    that is so great! :smile: congrats!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Rock on!!
  • atisketataskets
    Options
    proud of you! (youthful metabolism and all)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KelleyJessee
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! That is amazing! In addition to being a goal crusher you are a funny writer! Keep living healthy! :smile:
  • SusanneWhittington
    Options
    congrats to your decision and awesome that your whole family changed their life styles. Way to go!
  • Sumijain
    Sumijain Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    That's totally awesome. You should be so very proud of your accomplishment. Keep up the great work :-)
  • Vron23
    Options
    Wow ! thats amazing ! My whole life i been bigger and couple months i decided it was time to get in shape . Ive lost 42 pounds since then and im 8 lbs away from my 50 lb weight loss goal. but these last 8 pounds is the hardest for me to lose . So i was just wondering what are some of the major food changes that you made ?
  • daneslord
    Options
    Wow ! thats amazing ! My whole life i been bigger and couple months i decided it was time to get in shape . Ive lost 42 pounds since then and im 8 lbs away from my 50 lb weight loss goal. but these last 8 pounds is the hardest for me to lose . So i was just wondering what are some of the major food changes that you made ?

Honestly, I eat alot of lean cuisine for dinner (the steam fresh ones, they're usually between 200-300 calories). Hit the gym three times a week. Hard. I hate it, but while I'm there, I'm there. Lots of diet food, and when I hit my calorie limit, I stop eating.
  • lamblaw
    Options
    Huge congrats. Five years ago I weighed 260 at 5'11" and could barely do ten pushups or a sit-up to save my life. You're doing good things for your future self -- keep at it!
  • Vron23
    Options
    Ok perfect. What im already doing lol! .But i will try the lean cuisines . thanks i really appreciate it . Its just hard sometimes but its people like you that make me realize that its hard for everyone . so thanks ") and keep up the good work
  • daneslord
    Options
    Ok perfect. What im already doing lol! .But i will try the lean cuisines . thanks i really appreciate it . Its just hard sometimes but its people like you that make me realize that its hard for everyone . so thanks ") and keep up the good work

yup. there ain't no quick fix. just a long hard slog. but it's worth it.
  • Monanik
    Monanik Posts: 150
    Options
    Nice job!
  • dsengel01
    dsengel01 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you AND your family!!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Good Job, no great job. Just chill and stay active.
  • TooFatToFit
    TooFatToFit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I come from a fat family too, and I seem to be the one most determined to do something about it. I love my parents and my sister and I worry about ALL our health. So maybe if I go first, they'll follow and we can all be happier and healthier. It's a wonderful vision to work towards. Thank you.
  • SherNY
    Options
    Congratulations! That is very cool.
  • roxanne1690
    Options
    Way to freakin' go..........woohoooooo :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!