bee pollen?

has anyone heard about bee pollen helping with weightloss? i'm not one for diet pills, but i do take my vitamins, and was just wondering if anyone had heard about this? thnx :)

Replies

• I don't believe I've ever heard that. Where would you get bee pollen, at stores? I honestly don't even know what bee pollen is, haha.
  • I have not heard that. I have heard that if you buy local honey and "eat" a tablespoon of it everyday, that it's a natural cure for sinus issues.
  • cortycrazy
    cortycrazy Posts: 61 Member
    they sell beepollen caplets at walmart, one of my coworkers takes them and said it helped her lose weight. i wasn't sure about it, so i just figured i'd ask lol. i'd never even heard of them making this!
  • yeabby
    yeabby Posts: 643 Member
    I've taken it for pollen allergies. Gave myself headaches twice everyday for 3 months....no improvement.

Haven't heard of it assisting weight loss though.
  • I was curious what it was, so I googled it. I found a website: http://www.beepollensecrets.com/
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    I use it in my Greek yogurt, protein pudding, etc.-- It's a superfood.. I add it for antioxidants and nutrition.. Not weight loss.

Edit: I bought a pound bag of the powder.. The granules need to be soaked to break outer "shell" or something -- Too much of a hassle!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    I know that Tosca Reno of the Eat Clean Diet recommends it, but honestly I don't know what it's supposed to do.
  • Barbaramax
    Barbaramax Posts: 59 Member
    bump
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,903 Member
    Nope.