A Total Newbie

Options
I just wanted to drop in and say hi and say how excited I am to have found this website!!

I did another site like this but had to pay. I could only have the site for a few months. Now here I am getting all the same benifets only IT'S FREE!! I am going to tell all my friends about this site!!

So On To Me....LOL

I'm a 35 year old mom of 2 awesome boys and a loving husband!! I curently live in California!!

I have struggled with weight issues my whole life!! I was always the "FAT FRIEND". I was getting tired of fighting this horrible uphill battle with little results that for a long time I just gave up and didn't care.

I finally resolved to do something about it!! I am starting this journey and I hope I can meet some great people willing to help support me as I would love to help support you!!

TC and TTYS!!!

Replies

• jamik_hhp
    Options
    I just wanted to drop in and say hi and say how excited I am to have found this website!!

I did another site like this but had to pay. I could only have the site for a few months. Now here I am getting all the same benifets only IT'S FREE!! I am going to tell all my friends about this site!!

So On To Me....LOL

I'm a 35 year old mom of 2 awesome boys and a loving husband!! I curently live in California!!

I have struggled with weight issues my whole life!! I was always the "FAT FRIEND". I was getting tired of fighting this horrible uphill battle with little results that for a long time I just gave up and didn't care.

I finally resolved to do something about it!! I am starting this journey and I hope I can meet some great people willing to help support me as I would love to help support you!!

TC and TTYS!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! ESPECIALLY because it IS FREE!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • jamik_hhp
    Options
    Hey, Thanks for the great advice. Sometimes I get in the habit of not eating at all because I get so busy and then when I do sit down to eat I make up for it!! It's not smart and it's not good for the body. It's good to know that I can come here and see exactly what I'm doing and will help me to remember to grab that healthy snack as I'm running out the door.

That's great about losing 43 lbs!! That is awesome!! I am starting this adventure of mine at 215 so I hope that with exercise and the right nutrition my body needs I will be able to get the weight off and keep it off!!

I know water is a must but sometimes I get lazy and don't do it. With the water counter this will also help me!! I am totally loving this site already and I've only been on for a day!

Well, I have to go to sleep. TC and Hope to ttys!!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I completely understand the 'Fat Friend' mentality. :ohwell: My best friend in college was a beautiful 5'9 actress/model/dancer. I'm sure we were positively commical to look at. :embarassed:

Congratulations on making the choice to change! :bigsmile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hey, Thanks for the great advice. Sometimes I get in the habit of not eating at all because I get so busy and then when I do sit down to eat I make up for it!! It's not smart and it's not good for the body. It's good to know that I can come here and see exactly what I'm doing and will help me to remember to grab that healthy snack as I'm running out the door.

That's great about losing 43 lbs!! That is awesome!! I am starting this adventure of mine at 215 so I hope that with exercise and the right nutrition my body needs I will be able to get the weight off and keep it off!!

I know water is a must but sometimes I get lazy and don't do it. With the water counter this will also help me!! I am totally loving this site already and I've only been on for a day!

Well, I have to go to sleep. TC and Hope to ttys!!

You're very welcome!
    You have EVERY right to be "totally loving this site", because it really is a fun, fairly easy way to lose the weight that you want to! I started at over 190 pounds, and can't believe how great I've done, with just watching my numbers and getting alittle exercise!!!
    I can't say enough good about MFP! It is just the greatest, and best of all, it's FREE! :laugh: