what best exercise

Options
I was wondering what was the best exercise was for some very obese. over 300

Replies

• lgsprs
    lgsprs Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what was the best exercise was for some very obese. over 300
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Walking would be a good start.
    Maybe some light weight training.
    Water aerobics.

I'm sure other folks will have some additional suggestions, but there's a start! :flowerforyou:
  • sarah21
    sarah21 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Dancing!
    i love to dance and it burns a lot of calories and also builds muscle. Its very healthy and one other thing, i read that as long as you keep a fast heart rate throughout your workout then you will lose weight. :wink:

goodluck! :smokin:

116647.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who, due to an accident, had gained over 150 lb, which for her caused a lot of pulmonary problems, in addition to the knee injuries she had sustained. She would walk one block and back for a week. Then she'd build up to two. When we all start out on the exercise trail, we may tend to think we have to do more than our bodies are ready for. My suggestion? Start small so that you can feel good about the accomplishment, and then you're more likely to stick to it and increase it.
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Hello:flowerforyou:

I think you should begin walking some, start out short distances and when you feel comfortable go longer distances.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I started at over 300lbs. I walked 5 min on the treadmill @ 1.5 mph and increased until I could walk 1/2 mile. People say you need to walk 3.0mph to get your heart rate up but my heart rate gets to the target zone at 2mph so you just have to go with what your body tells you.

I started doing Hip Hop Abs (Shaun T was nice to look at :wink: ) and 8 min taebo when I could walk for 20 min. I couldn't kick high or do the jumping jacks but I just did what I could and just walked in place when I couldn't do it. I also started doing weights with Denise Austin.

Like others have start start slow and listen to your body. Hope this helps! :flowerforyou: