Is there someone that could understand me???

Options
2»

Replies

• frostymorning
    frostymorning Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Jeff you have a truly kind smile . I can tell you are a great person who is battling. I have not battled these issues but a member of my family who I love more than anything else in the world has.
    Please seek whatever help you need - you are too precious and if you seek support from genuine people you will realise this.
  • Sunflower1221
    Options
    Hi Jeff.......my name is Karen. I want you to know that I truly understand where you are coming from. I posted last night on this website and shared my struggles with anorexia. I have struggled with the illness for 20+ years. At one point, I was in the hospital with a feeding tube and nearly died. I'm doing better now but still struggle with the addiction and mindset. I can tell you it is not about food or being thin......it is much deeper. Food, undereating, or overeating are just the symptoms. I really encourage you to try to find a therapist who specializes in eating disorders whom you feel comfortable with. I did and she has helped me so much! I joined this website one week ago in an attempt to log my food intake so I could get it out of my head and stop obsessing about it. It has helped. So....I'm using this site to try to get healthier, not lose more weight. I really encourage you to do the same. Hang in there! You can do this one day at a time. You deserve it and are worth it!
  • larr91
    Options
    Hi Jeff, I wish you the best with beating the anorexia and I admire you for being so honest! Good luck and take care of yourself x
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Jeff,

You are not alone. It may feel like it, but there are other people on MFP who have gone through the same thing. Some of us are fighting the same right next to you. Some of us are working towards recovery.

I have a history of EDNOS, non-purging. It was a long struggle to dig myself out of my anorexic hole. I didn't seek therapy because I assumed that person would yell at me like the doctors did every time I had to go to the ER.

I've technically been in recovery since '04ish. It has taken me this long, however, to feel confident in my ability to healthily restrict calories without falling back into old habits. I have days where I slip up and eat too little. I have moments when it feels like MFP is too triggering and too stressful. But there are some incredible people here who can support and encourage you to be healthy if you want.

While I may be in recovery, I understand where you are coming from. If you'd like a friend, I don't mind being there for you, even if you're not sure that you are ready to stop.