Failure

Options
I am so angrey with myself, yesterday I had a great morning and afternoon, I got an awesome workout in, and I was doing great with the calories until about 9pm. A craving hit and I caved, I had chips, pop and ice cream and I went to bed feeling like crap. This morning I feel like I should just give up. I so badly want to get to my goal weight and I've lost 4lbs since starting here last week. I wish I could just gain control of my compulsion to eat, especially at night.

Replies

• fitnessisfun
    Options
    I am so angrey with myself, yesterday I had a great morning and afternoon, I got an awesome workout in, and I was doing great with the calories until about 9pm. A craving hit and I caved, I had chips, pop and ice cream and I went to bed feeling like crap. This morning I feel like I should just give up. I so badly want to get to my goal weight and I've lost 4lbs since starting here last week. I wish I could just gain control of my compulsion to eat, especially at night.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I guess I'd suggest drinking more water to help you when you're craving stuff.
    Also, I save numbers just about every night so that I can have a snack of Edy's, slow churned, no sugar added icecream. I love icecream more than ANYTHING, and believe me when I tell you, I can't tell the difference between that, and the "real" stuff!
    Today is another day, I'm sure you'll do better! :smile:
  • Jazzy_Jeff
    Options
    Please don't give up. We have all been there. Just forgive yourself and don't dwell on it. Take control of today and get back on track.
  • jdlove
    jdlove Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day. We all fall off occassionally. Just climb back on.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    You only fail if you give up.
  • jessbblonde
    jessbblonde Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    First thing first get the crap out of your house, if it's not there you won't eat it. If you must have it because of other people, don't beat yourself up for one slip. I slipped last night too. My best friend brought over a ton of junk food for Ohio state game. in the middle of my binge I realized what the heck am I doing. I ran upstairs and brushed my teeth. I found that if my teeth are clean I don't want to eat. I did gain a pound this morning but I'll just have to work extra hard for the rest of the week. Same goes for you. just work a little harder the next few day's and it will be ok. Don't let one day one little event ruin the rest of your life by giving up!!!
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :glasses: Today is a new day! We've all hit spots in the road where we slid out of control; does that mean you're going to stay there? NO!!!

Someone once told me life is a constant dance between aspiring and despairing - don't let the despair win. You WILL reach your goals: the next time those cravings hit, drink water, take a walk, read an inspirational book, or call your best friend - anything other than relying on empty calories for solace. You can do it!!!:drinker:
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I use to be a horrible binge eater and it was always at night, Now, I split up my daily menu so that I eat every 2 -3 hours and now I feel like I have to force myself to eat because I am always full, super full... and guess what, I am not hungry at night or worse in the middle of the night like I used to be. I also drink LOTS and LOTS of water. Try different things to see what works for YOU... but don't give up, NEVER GIVE UP on youself!!!
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    First thing first get the crap out of your house, if it's not there you won't eat it.

Excellent point! I know after my kids grew up and left the house (yes folks; they DO leave eventually!) I got much better about controlling food around the house. Guess what? I couldn't binge on chips, ice cream or soda if I wanted cause it ain't in the house - and I'm sure not driving to the store for it! So, good point here - manage what's at home, and just be mindful when friends "bring" things over! LOL!
  • fitnessisfun
    Options
    Thanx to everyone for your encouragement, and I did throw all the junk away last night so it definately won't be happening today. I will do extra excecise this week to make up for it. It is so nice to have a place to get this kind of support, I appreciate all of you taking the time to respond and give your words of wisdom.I sometimes have to remind myself that this is a lifestyle and I'm not in a race, so one setback does not ruin everything I've accomplished and I will get to my goal. Thanx!!!