Insanity? Please help

So iv been running outside throughout summer but now that winter is on it's way and there seem to be (alot) more rainy days I need a plan to exercise indoors. Iv been thinking I'd either join a gym for 6 months or buy insanity and use the workouts in that. I'm already leaning towards insanity for the convenience of it (I like to work out in the morning before work and the idea of traipsing across town with a gym bag then get ready and drag said bag to work is less than appealing. However I don't want to buy insanity if it is not a proven good work out (they advertise it like the shopping channel on telly in England which gives me an instant aversion.

So.... My question is to the insanityers (insanitors?) what is it like and would you recommend? Thank you!

Replies

• Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Recommend it a thousand times over. You'll find most of MFPers who have completed it will tell you the same. Going back for a 2nd round later this year ^_^
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    It's calestenics. And it's as hard as you push yourself. When I first did it I could hardly get through the fit test, but I was out of shape. Beachbody customer service sucks. I had 2 videos that wouldn't play and because it was a gift and I didn't have the credit card info they wouldn't help me even though I was willing to send them the videos first or buy them. I had the same problem with my p90x. So bad bad me decided to download them instead. And in the end I had 13 videos that kicked my butt. And my friends butts too! It's definitely worth a try.