Getting back at it

Options
Good morning all

Just started here and am very excited about. I was looking for some suggestions on gentle excersises. I am normally a very active person at the gym but injured my back about a month before Christmas. I seemed to have pulled/pinched muscles in my lower back when I was horsing around in the snow with my Children. What are some gentle ways of getting back into shape??? Welcome any ideas

Happy New year to all

Thanks

Replies

• Kirsten1225
    Options
    Good morning all

Just started here and am very excited about. I was looking for some suggestions on gentle excersises. I am normally a very active person at the gym but injured my back about a month before Christmas. I seemed to have pulled/pinched muscles in my lower back when I was horsing around in the snow with my Children. What are some gentle ways of getting back into shape??? Welcome any ideas

Happy New year to all

Thanks
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :glasses: Welcome back...

Not sure if you live in a part of the country that supports it weather-wise, but a nice walk in the am is perfect for easing into a routine. Fresh air, increased heart rate, improved deep breathing, and after as little as ten days, a sense of increased vigor and health. I have tried stair climbers, and treadmills and those things in the past - for me personally - they blow. Same damn thing over & over.

But - again, weather permitting - a nice walk really does the trick. If that is not possible for snow, try swimming at a local Y or other pool. So good for all your muscles, yet so gentle too. Good luck to you!
  • greatginew
    Options
    I also have been suffering from some back trouble.Lastnite I saw a Chiropracter (for the 1st time in my life) & I'm Glad I Did! For Christmas I received some beginner Pilates DVDs & I've been doing them on my lunch, they are less than 30 min. I have noticed a huge difference in the stiffness in my lower back - or I should say Lack of Stiffness, & they have helped alot w/my overall flexibility.