Overripe Bananas- what to do

Options
emilydmac
emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
Hi Everyone-
I have about 9 or 10 overripe bananas in my kitchen that I do not know what to do with, I previously had about 20 of them but I have made about 4 banana breads (low fat of course!) and some banana oatmeal cookies. Does anyone have some good recipes that I can put these bananas in! Thank you so much!

Replies

• FatDadSlim
    FatDadSlim Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    smoothies
  • VeroJuly
    VeroJuly Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    freeze them to make banana bread or banana muffins later♥
  • msallymae
    msallymae Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    u can use some and cut them into little slices and freeze them. frozen banana chips are awesome. use one and try it!
  • kathiehughes
    kathiehughes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    freeze them peeled and whole makes great smoothies without adding as much ice.
  • ursy87
    ursy87 Posts: 287
    Options
    I second freezing them and then blitz them in a processor with a spoon of peanut butter, almost instant banana icecream:love:
  • staceyb00
    staceyb00 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Peel them, cut them in half and freeze. When you crave ice cream, put one in a food processor with a little Stevia and enjoy! Sometimes I put a tsp or two of Peanut butter in the processor with the banana and have peanut butter/banana ice cream.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great tip on freezing the bananas peeled.

K
  • laz22girl
    Options
    Un-peel the bananas first!!! It's the messiest thing ever to peel a frozen banana.

I also like overripe bananas in my oatmeal.

I also eat overripe bananas.
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I second freezing them and then blitz them in a processor with a spoon of peanut butter, almost instant banana icecream:love:

that sounds yum!
  • lambeas
    lambeas Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    mash the bananas, then form into little balls, place on parchment paper and put in freezer for about two hours... once firm drizzle 85% melted dark cocoa on them and crushed unsalted walnuts... then place back in the freexer.. Yummy- tastes like a banana split with like a fraction of the calories../
  • LaraBoBara
    LaraBoBara Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow, all these ideas are great and sound delicious! I will have to try some.
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    mash the bananas, then form into little balls, place on parchment paper and put in freezer for about two hours... once firm drizzle 85% melted dark cocoa on them and crushed unsalted walnuts... then place back in the freexer.. Yummy- tastes like a banana split with like a fraction of the calories../

Thanks for sharing!!! I am going to try this!!! It sounds YUMMO!!!!:smile:
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Go to skinnytaste and do a recipe search for "banana". You'll find recipes for souffles, baked bananas, pies, pancakes, muffins, turnovers and of course breads.
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I mix them with a spoon of pb and a spoon of greek yogurt and freeze. Yum!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options

That sounds DELICIOUS!! (I hate throwing out bananas... or any other food.)
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!
  • reagansmom05
    Options
    i made fresh baked banana muffins for breakfast!! 62 cal each!! [ i used 4tbsp egg whites instead of an egg, fake sugar, added cinnamon] http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=288655
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Un-peel the bananas first!!! It's the messiest thing ever to peel a frozen banana.

I also like overripe bananas in my oatmeal.

I also eat overripe bananas.

No - it can be done easily....... freeze 'em in their peel. Take them out and let partially thaw. Snip off one end and squeeze the fruit out. It's pretty cool actually.
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    bump
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options

Wow. I am doing this. THANKS!