*all u men out there, whats a healthy meal that you would LO

Options
i like to make my man a nice healthy, diet friendly, amazing meal. i was wondering if u men out there had any suggestions as to a recipe that would be both of those things.

thank you !!!

-ally mae

Replies

• BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    It's hard to be diet friendly with typical "manly meals". But bbq chicken is probably a good idea. That and a salad, some corn on the cob (hide the butter and salt), wheat roll and MAYBE even a potato dish...
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com

I fool my BF with this :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Steak and baked potato
    Chicken/Steak tacos
    Various stuffed chicken recipes
    Penne w chicken and sausage in far diavolo sauce
    Sitr Fry
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    BUMP...same here
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    If you have a smoker there's always smoked pork loin. You could toss on corn on the cob and country-style green beans, (I'd sub turkey back for the reg. stuff)
  • HarrietSabre
    HarrietSabre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm not a man, but I do work with food!
    Why not try a nice lean steak with a homemade onion gravy, salad, corn on the cob, maybe some boiled potatos (add some dill, it tastes great)?
    Or make some falafels, serve with pitta, salad, humous?
    Or...try grilled pepper crusted salmon on a bed of spinach with some tartar cream?
    Or try making your own burgers at home?
    Turkey steaks with lemon, orange and ginger sauce, served with some roasted carrots and onions (again, add some dill), and maybe a small portion of butternut squash risotto on the side?
  • nukehiker
    Options
    4oz ground turkey

2 tablespoon of chopped onion

2 tablespoon of salsa

I add about 1/2 an egg and maybe a little Italian flavored bread crumbs

Makes a real good yet manly turkey burger, top with a few slices of tomato and avocado on a whole grain bun. diet friendly and its still manly enjoy !
  • msallymae
    msallymae Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    oh these are awesome! i mean i cook alot, i just am trying to find something different from what i normally make lol

i make pulled pork tenderloin too much, or my low carb/fat turkey chilli... things like that. so, pretty much just need something new to try lol
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Various stuffed chicken recipes

I do this for my hubs sometimes. What i stuff it with has changed now. I get chicken breasts and pound them out flat (you can also filet them, but pounding helps with my aggression issues), I like to put them between 2 pieces of wax paper and pound the *kitten* outta them with a frying pan. Then I load the middle up with yummy stuff (last time it was a home made crab cake made with low cal/ healthy substitutions). Roll it up, tie it off with hemp rope or other kitchen rope and bake. It also makes for a pretty appetizer for dinner parties when you slice it.
  • blisterpeanuts
    blisterpeanuts Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ribs -- any kind!
    Steak
    "macho" veggies (cauliflower or asparagus with spicy ranch dressing, for example)

I wish my lady would provide me an accurate calorie count in advance of whatever she prepares, and that way I could plan my day--take an extra walk at noon, eat less for lunch, etc.

Usually, though, I do the cooking :)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    What does "diet friendly" mean?

A nice steak, prepared well, corn on the cob and a sweet potato. Add a nice beer if it's not too diet unfriendly.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Swap out a potato for a sweet potato. Try using something like Grilled chicken breast, a sweet potato, some asparagus, with a salad.

If you want to add a drink, try a dark beer, the darker the better.
  • msallymae
    msallymae Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    why thank you , but i know my beers lol ;-)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    With steak, yes... but not generally with chicken (though some sauces/seasonings work with darker beers).
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    BUMP x
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    whole wheat pasta....
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    slice some potatoes into one inch discs, put them in a pot of water and start to boil. take some turkey sausage and brown them in a frying pan with a tablespoon of oil. remove them from the pan, slice in half and put in a baking pan. if the potatoes are ready (you stick a fork in them and they slide out easily) remove them from the water and brown them in the same pan, do not remove the oil, and add another tbsp of oil. when browned, put n the same pan as the sausage. take some sliced peppers and onions (i use 2 onions, 4 peppers, depending on size) and brown them in the same frying pan with another tbsp of oil. keep reusing the oil. when browned, but them in the baking pan with the rest of the food. Add some salt, pepper, garlic, and basil. add half a cup of white wine, and half a cup of water. put it in a preheated oven at 400 for 20-30 minutes. should make at least 6 servings. enjoy the deliciousness.
  • James_1954
    James_1954 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i like to make my man a nice healthy, diet friendly, amazing meal. i was wondering if u men out there had any suggestions as to a recipe that would be both of those things.

thank you !!!

-ally mae
    Well, Ally Mae, you asked for men's suggestions, so I'll get the obvious one out of the way: I see your photo, and if I were your man and sat down across from you to eat, I'd be smiling no matter what was on the plate -- including nothing! So there's that.

Steak is generally a winner -- trim the fat and control the size; seven or eight ounces' cooked weight of a nice sirloin. If it's lean, don't cook it too done; keep it to a medium-rare. You can serve half a cup of brown rice with that -- maybe dice up some onions to include with the rice to add flavor -- and steam some broccoli or carrots. If he eats fish, you can't go wrong just grilling up a salmon filet; like the steak, don't get it too done, either; and it also goes well with rice and vegetables, or a salad.

I have a beautiful wife who does some very nice diet-friendly things; just reviewing her "hit parade" ... there's spaghetti with ground-turkey meat balls; that's a nice thing to sit down to, with a simple salad. She made some kind of lightweighted chicken enchiladas the other day that were really tasty, but I don't know the details so that may not help you. She does a light lasagna, she does a nice chicken stir-fry, she does a "legal" beef stroganoff ... just ideas, I don't have the recipes, sorry about that.

So, back to the essential part of the recipe: just be there and give him that smile, and the meal is made.
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    6 ounce lean ribeye, green beans with a little ragu for tastse, baked beans.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Swap out a potato for a sweet potato. Try using something like Grilled chicken breast, a sweet potato, some asparagus, with a salad.

curious, what makes a sweet potato better than a white potato?