OMG YOU'RE OBESE!!!!!!!!

Options
I was reminiscing on my pregnancy and remembered this gem of a convo while in the waiting room for a prenatal appointment three years ago...

Husband (reading an article in a preggo magazine): Hey babe, how much do you weigh?
Me (8 months preggo): About 160 pounds
Husband: (does some calculations in his head) OMG according to this article, you are OBESE!!!!!!!!!
Me: Kiss my *kitten*.

Of course, I can laugh now at the situation. At the time, I kind of wanted to punch him LOL. Has anyone ever ended up with their foot in their mouth around you?

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Oh my! lol

Are you short? I'm 5'3" and 160 isn't obese for me. :-) Close, but not quite.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Oh my! lol

I'm 4'11"
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Oh my! lol

I'm 4'11"

I'd have punched him - either that or sat on him ;)

but 160lbs, wow, I'd love to weigh that right now!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    If my hubby did that, he would have eaten more than his shoe!!!
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    But really, if you were pregnant, you weren't actually OBESE. You know that right?
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Wow! 160lbs is my goal weigh I am 5'9" its right in my healthy range. Yeah, I would of been just a little displeased.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    When I was 8 and a half months pregnant with my thrid child, I got my hair cut to about shoulder length. When my dad saw me later that day, he said, "I like your hair that way. It has a nice maternal look about it." I was 29 and the last thing I wanted to look was maternal (aside from the fact that I was very pregnant). I wanted to go dye it purple. Then, when I was telling my husband about it, he said, just go home and put on some sexy lingerie, then you won't feel so bad. HELLO! 8 and a half months pregnant, the last thing on earth that I wanted to do was try to pull some sexy lingerie over my very unsexy body.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Men. Enough said!
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    i gotta say i actually chuckled at your response to him saying that. i would say that to a woman full stop but a pregnant/hormonal woman...well thats just dangerous!
  • judy20in2011
    judy20in2011 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    First of all, how much of that was "baby weight"? You were pregnant for Pete's Sake! I was huge while pregnant, one kiddo was over 9lbs and the other was exactly 10lbs so I got used to the are-you-having-twins and the you-must-be-due-anyday comments but what's worse to me now is when I am asked if I am pregnant (negative!) or someone asking me when the baby is due!!!!!!!!! UGGGHHH, I got really offended one time when someone said "when is your baby due?" I said, "I am not pregnant I am just fat!" That ladies face was PRICELESS!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I carry my weight in my abdominal region, and do look pregnant.

I do not color my hair in the hope that the gray hairs will discourage others from asking me how far along I am.....

:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • surv8r
    surv8r Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    One of my wake-up calls (I had many before I answered, lol)..... I was at the DR office for my annual. Dr says..."you're in great health other than you're fat..." I kid you not, those were his exact words.... I laughed it off...year later I'm holding at 41lbs lost! And yes, he's still my DR!
  • msaap
    msaap Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    At the end of my freshmen year of college, I went to visit my grandfather. He took one look at me and said, "Well damn gal, how big do you plan to get." I just froze.
  • jessicatnorris
    jessicatnorris Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wanted to punch him? You are a better woman than me because I probably WOULD have punched him! Heck, if I heard someone else's husband say that to his pregnant wife, then I might punch him for her!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    When I was 8 and a half months pregnant with my thrid child, I got my hair cut to about shoulder length. When my dad saw me later that day, he said, "I like your hair that way. It has a nice maternal look about it." I was 29 and the last thing I wanted to look was maternal (aside from the fact that I was very pregnant). I wanted to go dye it purple. Then, when I was telling my husband about it, he said, just go home and put on some sexy lingerie, then you won't feel so bad. HELLO! 8 and a half months pregnant, the last thing on earth that I wanted to do was try to pull some sexy lingerie over my very unsexy body.

And yet, chances are, it was everything your husband could do to keep his hands off of you. :)
  • jkinnon
    jkinnon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Boys are dumb...
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    My Wii groans dramatically everything time I step on the Wii fit board. Then it plumps up my Mii for visual effect and tells me I'm obese. My usual response is to say, "yeah, and you a f***ing stupid robotic a**wipe.

then my kids go "Mooooommmmmmmmmmm!"

I had a husband once, while is is also an f***ing stupid robotic a**wipe, he was never stupid enough to make that comment.

So, assuming you value your husband, I think your response was appropriate, I would back it up with him sleeping on the couch for a week too for good measure.

Oh and I'm 5'1" and was about 165lb when the wii made its comments.

lol
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I think what he meant to say is....

Him: how much do you weight?
    You: 160...
    Him: Oh, that's it? you're really doing well with all of this baby weight you've gained
    You: did I tell you today how much I love you
    Him: No, but you can remind me later
    You: oh I will
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    my husband was estranged from his mother from the age of 18 to about 29 when our first son was born, when she came to visit us, meet me, and meet the baby, the first thing she said to my husband when she walked in the door was, "oh my gosh you've gotten fat" my husband turned red, and I went for the liquor cabinet, oh man what a week that was ;)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My mom was naughty once and rode a roller coaster when she was early on in her pregnancy with my brother. (This is why we tease him.) No one noticed her belly. She was showing, but not a huge amount. But then several months later, we were back at the amusement park, stroller in tow with a little infant, when the ride operator told my mom she couldn't ride b/c pregnant women are not allowed to ride. The stroller was literally right next to her (I was watching it while she rode and then vice versa). She pointed to the stroller and told him to *kitten* off.