Blisters on feet when walking?

jnd951999
jnd951999 Posts: 57 Member
edited October 2 in Fitness and Exercise
I have a treadmill and I walk on it usually 3-5 times a week for 45 to 60 minutes at a time. I have lately been getting a blister right under my toes at the top of my foot on my left foot. It is getting really frustrating because I love to walk and once I get a blister I have to stop for 2 or 3 days before I can walk again. I have tried wearing different shoes even ones made for walking and nothing helps. Does anyone have any suggestions to help?

Replies

• greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 315 Member
    Try putting deodorant on the places that typically get blistered. This will help with rubbing which causes the blister. Hope it helps!
  • livi_cowgirl
    livi_cowgirl Posts: 198 Member
    Go bare foot. :-)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    To me it still sounds like it could be your shoes, they arent fitting right and are rubbing.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Blisters are caused by your hoe and your feet rubbing. Have you tried different socks?

When we went hiking the boys both ended up with feet on their blister (Yes, they were that bad) from ill fitting shoes and poor socks. I, who was terrified of being cold decided to put some lovely thick socks on and had proper fitted hiking boots...didn't even get the littlest of bliters. And this was about 4 days solid walking. adly, I was freezing every single night so the ocks didn't help that problem, but they did work with my well fitting shoes to stop me getting blisters a well as hypothermia and a bad back (exaggerating).
  • This happens to me too. I usually do other excersises and things, but when I walk for a longer period of time I get blisters on the bottom of my feet. I will try deoderant.. never thought of that!!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    What kind of socks are you wearing. I used to wear cotton athletic socks, and got blisters all the time. As soon as I switched to synthetic socks (Thorlo), I never got blisters again.

Also, if you have a place that consistently rubs, try applying a dab of petroleum jelly/Vaseline before your workout.
  • dawnm92
    dawnm92 Posts: 56 Member
    I've had extreme blister issues since stepping up my workouts, partly due to hereditary foot problems. Anyway, I spent months trying everything and finally found the proper setup to avoid it.

Obviously, proper shoe fit is important. I also read up online and found reference to these socks - Thorlos Thick Cushion Running Socks (mini crew). You can get them at Sports Authority, Amazon.com, and probably other sports stores. They really help. It turns out typical cotton socks are the worst for blisters! For longer sessions, I also use sports/medical tape and tape over the areas where I get the blisters before putting my socks and shoes on. That made a huge difference for me as well. Between the two, I can now walk for several hours or play tennis without blisters. Before I would get blisters from 30 minutes of walking and be unable to do anything on my feet for at least 48 hours afterward!

One other tip - powder. If your feet sweat at all, the special socks wick away the moisture, but powder can also give a little extra help if needed.

I hope those things help you. They made a huge difference for me this summer! :-)
  • bmccrory2
    bmccrory2 Posts: 84 Member
    bump, I would love to see the response on this
This discussion has been closed.