Options
Hi All, I'm a newbie to My Fitness Pal. I have been a long time Weight Watchers follower (off and on since 2003 or 2004), and have not been successful since the new plan came around. I am hoping My Fitness Pal shows me more success.

Any tips?

Replies

• staceybr01
    Options
    Welcome!

My best advice is to log in EVERY day! Even multiple times a day. I get frustrated when I havent lost any weight (which I havent yet) and it REALLY helps to read everyone else's comments and to get good feedback. This is the most successful I have ever felt, even though I haven't yet lost a single lb! (Its only been a week and a half for me, and I went to a wedding this weekend, so that ruined any progress that I had made).

Good Luck!
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Log honestly, don't over estimate your calories burn for exercise, and take each choice one at a time. Good luck to you!!
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have done weight watchers on and off for many many years. I am a lifetime member, but the last time I tried I wasn't successful. This site is great! I find it to be extremely helpful and the support everyone offers is great. But as with most things, you get what you put into it. Use it honestly and it will work for you. Good Luck!!
  • MCDerin
    MCDerin Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    So, you aren't feeling the new WW Points Plus plan? I have heard that from a lot of members.
    I am not a WW member however, so I am not sure, but can you opt to continue using the original plan?
    If not, you clearly understand the concept (by using WW) of controlling your food intake.
    Calorie counting is just a more basic method of doing the same thing. So, you can do this!

The tools here are great. The community rocks.
    It's nice to meet you!
  • bmd1011
    bmd1011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice. One question, how do I edit my signature on the boards? I feel like such a newbie lol.

MCDerin- No luck with the WW Points Plus. I honestly just don't think it's a good fit for me. Right now I just think tracking calories here will be a good fit. Maybe down the road I'll go back to WW, but not with the Points Plus plan. I was going to use the old plan, and still do meetings, but why pay $40 when I can find so much online support for no charge :) Last time I lost a bunch of weight (well a bunch for me, it was "only" 20 pounds) I did it all on my own- no meetings needed.
  • melliemel818
    melliemel818 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This site is great, I found that I am capable of loosing weight on my own and not needing the latest greatest fad that is out there. MFP has helped me keep myself accountable for everything I eat and do. Log in everyday, be honest about what your logging in your diary, This is what has helped keep me accountable, every time I want to eat something I shouldn't or not exercise I can't help but think that I'd have to log it in my diary and that keeps me from making bad choices. Good luck.