taking another look

Options
I am curious about this: I changed my goals to lose 1.5lbs a week and it has my calories set at 1210 without exercise, of course! To me this is a little low, but then I went and typed in what I want to weigh ( 150lbs) and what I will be eating once I reach 150 to maintain and it says 1750. Will that not cause me to gain weight by going from 1210 right now to 1750 later?

Replies

• clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I am curious about this: I changed my goals to lose 1.5lbs a week and it has my calories set at 1210 without exercise, of course! To me this is a little low, but then I went and typed in what I want to weigh ( 150lbs) and what I will be eating once I reach 150 to maintain and it says 1750. Will that not cause me to gain weight by going from 1210 right now to 1750 later?
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    no
    Its removing calories right now so you lose weight
    once you hit your goal weight
    you should change your settings to a maintain (lose 0lbs per month)
    This will allow you to eat more, but not over eat if you stick to following your portions
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    No it won't cause you to gain. Your body will need 1750 to maintain. in order to lose weight you need to eat less than what you need. To lose a pound a week you need to eat 3500 less calories in that week or 500 calories a day. So 1750 less that 500 is 1250.
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Wheww! You all make me feel better, now! Those numbers just threw me for a loop :noway:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Okay, Now I can finish my thought. Work keeps getting in my way:huh:

To lose the 1.5 pounds you have your goal at now they have you deflecting 750 calories a day. So if you add that 750 to the 1210 you are eating right now you could maintain your current weight. That would be 1960 calories a day.

So at your current weight to maintain you need 1960 calories, at 150 you will need only 1750.

This are just general numbers and you will need to adjust them as needed, because everybody is different and everybody your height has different needs. You may find that at 150 you can eat slightly more or you may have to eat slightly less.

Don't forget to reset your goal everytime you lose a significant amount of weight (I go every 10 pounds), because your caloric needs will change. And when you get down to around 170 you may want to switch to 1 pound a week, so your not starving yourself, also I believe when you get down that low when you try to set your goal for 1.5 pounds it will reset it for less.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.